[Steelhawks] BOB KOHLER RESIGNS AS STEELHAWKS HEAD COACH

Talk about the National Arena League's LV Steelhawks
News
Site Admin

[Steelhawks] BOB KOHLER RESIGNS AS STEELHAWKS HEAD COACH

Post by News » Wed May 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Parham Named Interim Coach During Search Allentown, PA: Lehigh Valley Steelhawks Head Coach Bob Kohler announced today that he would be resigning from his post effective immediately. Coach Kohler was in his fifth season with the team, and first as Head Coach following the departure of Chris Thompson this off-season. “With the utmost respect and admiration for the Clark’s, the Steelhawks Team and the Fans of the Steelhawks I am respectfully stepping aside from the Head Coaching Duties with the Steelhawks,” stated Kohler. “Having been in coaching as long as I have and recognizing that when your physical health begins to reflect upon your effectiveness as a leader, life decisions must be made. Therefore, loving the Steelhawks family and Steelhawks Nation as much as I do I feel at this time it is in the best interest of the Steelhawks and myself in reaching this decision. I appreciate the confidence and support given to me over the years by the Clark’s, the Steelhawks family along with the community and will always be indebted to you all…a Steelhawks fan forever.” Coach Kohler had been the Steelhawks Defensive Coordinator the past two seasons (2016 and 2017) where in that time the Steelhawks amassed a 15-3 regular season record. His units over that period have ranked among the league leaders in turnovers and points allowed. This season the Steelhawks have started out with an 0-3 record. “There are few people our family respects and loves more both on the field, and in life than Bob Kohler,” stated Steelhawks General Manager Mike Clark speaking on behalf of the Clark family ownership group. “Bob has impacted hundreds of young athletes, guiding them in life and in football for over 40 years. We are so proud to have had him as part of our organization for these past few years. He is, and will always be, a Steelhawk and we know he will be in our corner forever cheering on the Black and Vegas Gold. The Steelhawks have named James Parham as the Interim Head Coach while the team conducts its search. Parham has been on staff as the team’s Offensive Line and Co-Special Teams Coordinator. Announcements of the teams new Head Coach will be made in the coming days. Following two road contests in Carolina and Jacksonville respectfully, the Steelhawks return to the PPL Center for a Sunday, May 20th tilt against the Columbus Lions at 6pm on Embassy Bank Field. Single game tickets, three game packs and 2018 season ticket flex package remain on sale. Season ticket flex plans start as low as $40! Call 610-224-4625 to reserve your seats. All Steelhawks games are played on Embassy Bank Field inside the PPL Center. Visit the team web site at www.LVSteelhawks.com for the latest updates and recent Steelhawks news. The post BOB KOHLER RESIGNS AS STEELHAWKS HEAD COACH appeared first on Lehigh Valley Steelhawks.

Source: http://lvsteelhawks.com/bob-kohler-resi ... ead-coach/