COMMIT #28 Jack Pilson LB

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

COMMIT #28 Jack Pilson LB

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Jack Pilson. QB/ATH. 6'0 210. Mattoon Ill.

Eastern Illinois, SHU

Need to take a look at this young man.

RichH

Re: COMMIT #28 Jack Pilson LB

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 pm

This fella is an Athlete. Track sprinter and Bball also
He played QB for HS team. Best athlete. Assume he played D. Havent found video with that. Got to see a bunch of Bball video.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Watched a bunch of video. . A one man offense. More than decent speed. Got a few clips of D. Mostly at LB or S. Not enough to tell much. He is an athlete.
van

Post by van » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:22 pm

like his speed and toughness, I would want him on special teams day 1 for sure
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 am

Interesting article in the local paper. He was locked into Eastetn Illinois very early on. His Dad, Uncles et al had all gone to EIU. LU 's coach Ward started recruiting him in January. As did other FCS schools. Furman wanted him as an Athlete. SHU as a QB. He and his folks had a great OV here in Feb. That visit clinched the deal. He is expected to compete for the Rover slot here.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm

That's the thing--getting them on campus. For FCS level play, for the size of Lehigh, you have a hard time finding a school with better overall facilities, as well as the 'essence' of being a high caliber school with a beautiful campus. I know when I was recruited here, the moment I started walking across the campus, I felt that "this" is what college is supposed to feel like. And 'back then" our facilities were the pits! Of course, guys didn't care. :D
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:50 pm

ngineer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm That's the thing--getting them on campus. For FCS level play, for the size of Lehigh, you have a hard time finding a school with better overall facilities, as well as the 'essence' of being a high caliber school with a beautiful campus. I know when I was recruited here, the moment I started walking across the campus, I felt that "this" is what college is supposed to feel like. And 'back then" our facilities were the pits! Of course, guys didn't care. :D
Yup. I was a NYC kid. Senior year after football season my Dad and I went on the tour. Penn, Brown,Yale and Columbia. All nice but all urban. Not the vision I had of going to college. My Mom's firm had the contract with Lehigh to redo the interior of the UC. I had never heard of it. She convinced us to take a look. I came, I saw and I was sold.it was my dream come true.( yeah even with the steel mills). We met with Mr. Leckonby and some of the coaches. Then had a nice lunch with some Professors along with other kids visiting. Timing and football didnt quite work out as planned but still one of the best choices I have ever made.
City kid looking for country campus a bit different than Mr. Pilson being tired of cornfields. :D
TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:01 pm

If you only read the beginning of the article, it made Lehigh sound about as welcome as a tooth extraction. :-)

"Pilson, Mattoon’s quarterback last year, will play football for Lehigh, which to most folks in Central Illinois may as well be as distant as Siberia."

"Getting there involves a flight from Champaign to Charlotte to Lehigh Valley, or a two-hour drive to Indianapolis to get a flight to Philadelphia, only to drive another hour from there. Pick your half-day excursion."

I'm pretty sure that the Lehigh Valley is not the reason the trip takes so long :-) Welcome to Lehigh Jack!!
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm originally from north central Pennsylvania and always wanted to live in a big city. On the first visit the Lehigh Valley looked plenty big to me. And it really is (#69 national, 3rd in Pa). So I get a chuckle out of the contrast with Rich's first visit to a "country campus."
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:36 pm

jimk72 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm I'm originally from north central Pennsylvania and always wanted to live in a big city. On the first visit the Lehigh Valley looked plenty big to me. And it really is (#69 national, 3rd in Pa). So I get a chuckle out of the contrast with Ricah's first visit to a "country campus."
:D :D
Aint perspective great. All LU needed for me was trees and grass. The mountain in the middle of campus was just a bonus. :D