Quarterback Possibilities-2019

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
TMH

Quarterback Possibilities-2019

Post by TMH » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 am

This discussion began on another thread but probably deserves it's own discussion as we lack things to talk about in football until spring camp.

It seems that the similarities and possibilities for 2019 is nearly identical to 2013. In 2012, Colvin took, I believe, every snap. So in 2013, we had 4 QBs on the roster, none of which had thrown a pass at Lehigh prior to that season. We also added a highly touted freshman. The similarities are there.
Bialkowski came out of nowhere and was having a phenomenal season prior to his injury. Hopefully, one of our 3 veterans in camp already can conjure up that same magic. That's certainly a possibility. Post injury, he was replaced by another veteran who hadn't thrown a pass yet and the results were mediocre. That is also a possibility. Subsequently, he was replaced by the freshman who led Lehigh to 2 impressive victories before being replaced by QB #2 again for Lafayette. That is also a possibility.
Spring camp may do a lot in sifting through the possibilities and possibly someone emerges. Personally a prefer consistency at that position rather than experimenting all season.
A question I asked on the other thread. Does anyone know when incoming freshmen are allowed to get the playbook? Are there any restrictions for incoming freshmen taking summer courses and participating in informal workouts?

van

Re: Quarterback Possibilities-2019

Post by van » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:03 pm

learning the playbook is way more than looking at diagrams, if includes rep after rep to get the timing and speed down as well as understanding defenses and adjustments
RichH

Re: Quarterback Possibilities-2019

Post by RichH » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:51 pm

TMH wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 am This discussion began on another thread but probably deserves it's own discussion as we lack things to talk about in football until spring camp.

It seems that the similarities and possibilities for 2019 is nearly identical to 2013. In 2012, Colvin took, I believe, every snap. So in 2013, we had 4 QBs on the roster, none of which had thrown a pass at Lehigh prior to that season. We also added a highly touted freshman. The similarities are there.
Bialkowski came out of nowhere and was having a phenomenal season prior to his injury. Hopefully, one of our 3 veterans in camp already can conjure up that same magic. That's certainly a possibility. Post injury, he was replaced by another veteran who hadn't thrown a pass yet and the results were mediocre. That is also a possibility. Subsequently, he was replaced by the freshman who led Lehigh to 2 impressive victories before being replaced by QB #2 again for Lafayette. That is also a possibility.
Spring camp may do a lot in sifting through the possibilities and possibly someone emerges. Personally a prefer consistency at that position rather than experimenting all season.
A question I asked on the other thread. Does anyone know when incoming freshmen are allowed to get the playbook? Are there any restrictions for incoming freshmen taking summer courses and participating in informal workouts?
Dont believe there is a specific prohibition. Frosh schollies start with 1st semester. LU has 2 summer sessions. The 1st starts before most kids graduate from HS. The 2nd overlaps with Fall camp. Staff does run orientation programs for frosh players and a mentor program to ease social and football transitions.

Playbooks? I do recall a few years back. Frosh O players were given a small play package to familiarize themselves with before camp. Otherwise, I have never heard of it.