Christiano

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Christiano

Post by RichH » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:39 am

I had heard last week that Luke had quit the team. He was upset over some new rules put in by TG particularly a mandate that all players, including those who live in town, had to sign up for a meal plan. I have no idea whether this was the only reason for quitting.
He is no longer on the roster. A significant loss for our offense.

Lehigh74

Re: Christiano

Post by Lehigh74 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 pm

Doesn’t seem like an unreasonable rule. My guess is it was put in place for two reasons:
1. So the players eat together as a team building kind of thing.
2. To make sure that they eat reasonably well.
Christian has talent but never seemed to be able to stay on the field.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:17 pm

I get the reasoning but it does raise issues for players and particularly for jrs and srs who live in town. A lot of players are in frats where they must pay dues including meals. Players in town are paying rent with the unused meal money they receive via the scholarship. One result is your forcing a number of players into the dorms which are already short beds.
There are other methods to build team unity.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:29 pm

RichH wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:17 pm I get the reasoning but it does raise issues for players and particularly for jrs and srs who live in town. A lot of players are in frats where they must pay dues including meals. Players in town are paying rent with the unused meal money they receive via the scholarship. One result is your forcing a number of players into the dorms which are already short beds.
There are other methods to build team unity.
+1
NJLehighFan

Post by NJLehighFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:35 am

He was really impressive when healthy. I guess 5th years are options possible only by choice of team and player. Would have enjoyed seeing him one last season. Best of luck in whatever he moves on to.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Seems somewhat a trivial matter to cause someone to quit. Has he graduated or was in going into a masters program? Sounds to me he already had a foot out the door.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:10 pm

ngineer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 pm Seems somewhat a trivial matter to cause someone to quit. Has he graduated or was in going into a masters program? Sounds to me he already had a foot out the door.
Dont know ngineer. Made some inquiries. No real answer. He did blow up over the meal plan rule but that may have just pushed him where he wanted to go.