B&W GAME

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

B&W GAME

Post by RichH » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Some takeaways. Both Shoup and Beesmer looked sharp. Monaco not so much. DL was the star today. Maxie and Morrow dominated. Didnt get all the numbers but Kircher looked good. OL some good plays but overall not impressive. Cant say whether it was them or the amped DL. As usual D is ahead of the O.
On O Dambach and Jorge impressed. I no doubt have missed a lot of players. ;)

Lax until summer. Then suspended animation until August. :D :D

Hawktalker

Re: B&W GAME

Post by Hawktalker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:11 am

Shoup and Beesmer stood out as QBs. TE Alex Snyder may have had more catches yesterday than our combined tight ends had in 11 games last year. LB Pete Haffner played well. The defense spent a lot of time in the offensive backfield so the OL has some work to do. There are tough decisions to be made especially at quarterback.
Last edited by Hawktalker on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
van

Post by van » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 am

OL really concerns me, won't matter who QB is if they can't hold up
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:42 am

OL. A construction zone. Even with all starters and injured back it is unsettled. New coach and a lot of shifting positions from what I could see. Fris will be a good OT. Matched up on a speed rusher just unfair :D .
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:17 pm

It was my sense that the two OTs who we lost last August did NOT play on Saturday, though they had their jersey's on. I think it smart to hold them out until full rehab done.

My biggest concern in the P/K position. Devine just not at all consistent in either category. A few punts were 40+ but just as many 30-35 range. I understand we have at least one freshman P/K coming in, so I would hope that will be a wide open competition. Kicking game can have a huge impact on field position, let alone a few additional points. Critical in close games.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Agreed on OTs. Did see Alex doing some drills. Curlin has lost 2 years to injury. Smart to try to at least get him to the season for once.