Final Recruit class posted today

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Final Recruit class posted today

Post by RichH » Mon May 13, 2019 2:30 pm

LU just posted the final count of the recruit class. Including one new name and the WOs we have already posted the class totals 31.

Will Kalmbach DB 6'0 180 Piedmont Cal

van

Re: Final Recruit class posted today

Post by van » Mon May 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Any thoughts on the additional 11, I thought we had to wait until August to hear about the walk ons
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon May 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Preseason camp has been the practice. WOs can be announced as soon as they are admitted. So now we do. Reynolds and Lawhead are players who can contribute IMO. Sibblis is a 3 sport athlete . Crozier a Navy decommit. Pilson an athlete who started at QB while also playing LB.. A few surprises from the rest would be great.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon May 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Probably a dumb question but...

Any chance of a transfer...or two? Fordham, imo, got two (RB and DT) that should contribute immediately. Holy Cross seems to be open and honest about their desire for a transfer QB.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon May 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Dont know owl. I hope we take advantage of the transfer portal sooner rather than later. Cross has been aggressive there looking for a QB. Rams picked up a monster NG.
My guess is that we would need to have a full ride available to go after FBS talent. No clue if we have 1 left now.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Kind of off topic, but I had to tell someone ...

I woke up after having a dream last night that in the first game this fall, LU started behind 14-0 before the offense even got the ball. KO return, then our fumble on the KO and opponent's return for a TD. Scary.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 pm

No. Its still football. Spooky football but still football. :D

This team could go either way. OL s/b quite good. It sucked big time in Spring game. QB needs only to manage and avoid too many mistakes. WR and WRs are loaded as is RB.
D? Could be and hope it will be goid enuf.
K/P is our primary issue going into fall camp. Mish spoiled us.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri May 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes, I hear we have two K/P's coming in and one (from Lancaster PA area?) supposedly has a very strong leg. Devine shows no improvement. Consistently inconsistent. Not a strong leg either, but I'd rather someone very consistent on PK as well as being able to direct punts. Critical to a good defense is a good punter.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri May 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes, I hear we have two K/P's coming in and one (from Lancaster PA area?) supposedly has a very strong leg. Devine shows no improvement. Consistently inconsistent. Not a strong leg either, but I'd rather someone very consistent on PK as well as being able to direct punts. Critical to a good defense is a good punter.