LFN: It's High Time Lehigh Football Got Murray Goodman Stadium some Lights

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: LFN: It's High Time Lehigh Football Got Murray Goodman Stadium some Lights

Post by RichH » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 pm

IIR. Muhlenberg does. Moravian not.

CHIP72

Re: LFN: It's High Time Lehigh Football Got Murray Goodman Stadium some Lights

Post by CHIP72 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:49 pm The idea of Lehigh and Lafayette actually working together on their football schedules -- and maybe more -- makes a lot of sense.

Why not market 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. double-headers to the community? Convenient for recruiting.

Other sports could be like that, too ...

Do Moravian and Muhlenberg have lights on their football fields?
At the D3 level, almost all games are played during the day, though I know some Centennial Conference teams (the league both Moravian and Muhlenberg play in) are playing Friday night games this season. Both Moravian and Muhlenberg are playing in one such game this year; the Mules' game is at home.

I don't think most people would have interest in seeing two football games in one day, especially for two teams that are archrivals. (I'm a real oddball in that regard, partly because I follow multiple teams, particularly in college sports, and partly because I enjoy seeing two or even three games on the same day; that isn't too much for me.
Attending multiple sports events on the same day allows me to see more of those teams on one trip, which to me helps maximize value of the trip.) I wouldn't advocate for Lehigh and Lafayette (or for that matter Lehigh/Moravian, Lehigh/Muhlenberg, or even Lehigh/East Stroudsburg or Lehigh/Kutztown) to consciously coordinate football schedules, but when the opportunity presents itself, it doesn't hurt to investigate options, especially early in the season when the weather is still warm and in some ways night games are preferable from a player and fan standpoint.

For whatever it is worth, I know when I have attended both Lehigh and Lafayette home football games on the same day (did it once per season in 2010 and every year 2012-2017), there have been at least 2-3 times where I saw a few people at the Lafayette night game that I know I also saw at the Lehigh day game earlier the same day.