Nova

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
News
Site Admin

Re: Nova

Post by News » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:32 am

Villanova’s Packed Home Opener A Happy One for Wildcat Fans, Win 38-10 over Lehigh

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... er-lehigh/

“Offensively we’re getting the ball inside the ten and not finishing,” a frustrated WR Jorge Portorreal said after a the game. “The motto right now is ‘finish, finish, finish. We’ve got to get back to practice and work on those things.”

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:21 pm

I was impressed with Shoup's ball handling skills. Clearly faked out D a couple times and me as well with my binoculars. Of course, he was going against a lot of backups for 'nova. Wish i could see the pick-six on film. Not sure if the throw hung too long, or the receiver failed to reach and go get the ball, which allowed the DB to break in clean. At 10-3 and us driving before the half, knowing we get the ball to start the second half, that was a killer. UCD should be a real test on how tough we are. They have some playmakers. Hopefully, we can watch through the Lehigh/PL portal?
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:56 pm

The UC Davis game will be streaming live on the internet through Pluto.TV. There are a variety of ways to use this free streaming service to beam directly to Chromecast (via phone) or a Roku box (via app). I'll post something later in the week with more details.

The pick 6 can be seen in the WFMZ 69 highlight reel:

https://www.wfmz.com/sports/smith-throw ... 1118306119
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Just watching it Back foot throw. Had his WR on the lead. Didnt drive pass. Right into Nova's gut. :shock: