Merrimack

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Merrimack

Post by RichH » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:44 pm

Notes up. Lots of changes throughout 2 deep

OL
LT. Fornier
G. Passarelli
C. Gurth
G. Fest
T. Stewart
Yet another combination. Hopefully this is group that can stay together for more than 1 game.

DL
DE Sibblis. Maxie
NT Rybka. Colton
DE Morrow Laurencelle
Spencer at CB Wilson moved to SS
Bland up at 2 at ILB. Norris out. Hurt??
A lot of shuffling last week. Not really surprised on D given elite talent like Leach,Spencer Bland Colton and Sibblis.

ngineer

Re: Merrimack

Post by ngineer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:05 pm

No question they recruited some excellent talent for the secondary. But raw talent can make inexperienced mistakes, so there have been and will be some growing pains. Need to find a way for more pressure on the QB. No DB can cover forever back there. With pressure will come picks.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Agreed. MC OL pretty big but not very mobile from what I could see on what little video I caught. Note their backfield is 2 true frosh a redshirt frosh and a soph.
I note MC has 11 redshirts on O and 11 more on D.

DL for MC
DE 6'2 260
DT. 6'3 335
DT. 6'1 330
DE. 6'1 240
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Merrimack 2-2
Opened at Virginia ( Lynchburg) W 45-7. This tis a National Christian CAA team. Dont think there is a lower classification
CCSU. 37-40. MC down 40-21 going into 4th. What can happen if you overlook a team.
SFU. 14-42. Butt whupping
Mayville State (N.Dak) W. 76-7 Mayville is an NAIA team
van

Post by van » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:50 pm

watched some of the Merrimack SFU game, they do some unusual things which we can take advantage of if our coaches are on the ball
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Show-Me Game Looms for Lehigh Mountain Hawk Football Against Merrimack

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/s ... merrimack/

Lehigh and Merrimack have never faced off on the gridiron before.

But both teams have an enormous amount to prove this Saturday at Murray Goodman Stadium.

For the 2-2 Warriors, who are officially transitioning from Division II to Division I athletics, the goal is to not only get their first win against a Division I opponent during their transition, but to show FCS Nation that they are ready to play against any program in the FCS, no matter its age.

For the 0-3 Mountain Hawks, the goal is to show the rest of FCS and the Patriot League that they need to pay attention to a young Lehigh team that seems to be getting better in many ways, but so far hasn’t translated into wins.

In the end, the matchup this weekend will be a show-me type of game, one that might set the trajectory for both programs.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 pm

Show-Me is an apt phrase for us to put together a whole game and amp our scoring. IMO we need a dominant W. Any W would be a plus but going forward we must put a consistent O on the field that can score.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:02 am

Agree with Rich. Anything other than a dominant performance against this team is a disappointment. In fact, this game is sort of a lose-lose scenario for Lehigh because anything less than a 4 or 5 score margin is just ehhh....or put another way...it is an absolute must win or the wheels come off. While it is understood that Lehigh played some decent teams this year, the very idea that Lehigh cannot compete and execute against solid competition is unacceptable. Breeds a culture of losing and sends a message that Lehigh can only compete with lesser PL foes. Followers of the program can blame the PL system but there are still 60 full scholarships and world class academics to attract talent. Good recruiting, good coaching, and a "winners win, losers lose" mentality is what will turn this around.
van

Post by van » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:06 pm

LUFAN, prepare to be disappointed, not sure we have beaten a NEC team by 4 scores since they went scholarship, maybe four extra points but not four touchdowns, Merrimack may be in transition but they are no longer under DII rules and took CCSU to the limit, we should be favored and win comfortably, a loss would be a huge let down but win by 4 scores is way to cocky
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:43 pm

van wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:06 pm LUFAN, prepare to be disappointed, not sure we have beaten a NEC team by 4 scores since they went scholarship, maybe four extra points but not four touchdowns, Merrimack may be in transition but they are no longer under DII rules and took CCSU to the limit, we should be favored and win comfortably, a loss would be a huge let down but win by 4 scores is way to cocky
I agree that this doesn't have to a complete blowout, 3rd stringers in after halftime type game. However, one would like to think that Lehigh simply has better jimmy and joe's and coaching staff that's able to maximize their potential. A loss to Merrimack would be a certified catastrophe and signal the lowest point I've experienced in my 30 years as a fan. There has to be a sign of real progress tomorrow. I'm hoping for a workman like 14-20 point win.