Fordham

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Fordham

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm

This is not going to be easy. The Rams have won 5/6 against Lehigh after the Mountain Hawks dominated the series for 20 years.

Fordham has two excellent LB's in Greenhagen and Cunningham. Greenhagen (sophomore) is trending towards being one of the best LB's the PL has ever seen, seriously. The secondary and DL has some individual talent but can he had. Statistically Fordham's defense should be much better than it is given the personnel.

DeMorat is a talented QB who does get erratic at times. There's no question he can make all throws. Zach Davis is likely headed towards 1st team all league at RB. Their top two WR's are small but elusive. They'll test Lehigh's secondary. The OL is considerably better than last year but still can he had in pass protection.

This honestly could be Lehigh's toughest game left. The Rams have had Lehigh's number and they're at home. They have a few FBS transfers that contribute. Holy Cross is arguably more sound/better but I don't think they have the athletes/difference makers Fordham does.

datruph

Re: Fordham

Post by datruph » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:14 am

Could'nt agree more with poster. Good evaluation. Fordham looks like a good team but totally agree that they are beatable. Also agree that this could be our toughest game all year...That being said, I do not think that any of our schedule will be easy. I do think that both teams will have a tough time scoring. I do think our defense is better than there defense. I do think we will stuff there run game and force there qb to throw. He is very erratic and so was Georgetowns qb. Should be a great game to watch. The team that rushes for the most yards will win in a 20-17 game. Hope weather does not play a factor. Did anybody see how good Princeton was verse Lafayette? Hard to believe the Ivy's have gotten that good or has the Patriot league gotten that bad??? Princetons defense was large and in charge. Would like to see them play a Rutgers or Cuse. We should be fairly healthy and have all guns firing...
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:13 pm

150th anniversary of "first" football game. A little surprised Rutgers is not playing Princeton
van

Post by van » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:35 pm

game notes up, no Bibbens or Burbage, not a surprise, hope Jorge and Dambach are full speed
TMH

Post by TMH » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Unfortunately, I think Burbage's season is over. There were indications that Bibbens would be back this week. Hopefully next week.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:46 pm

2 deep up. We are digging deep at WR
Dambach. Jordan
Mickens. Foley
Portorreal. Sutton

D basically same lineup with Leach and Buckrham at SS
Agree this will be our toughest game Rams a talented but inconsistent team. O is run first with 2 very quick RBs. Demorat a stand up QB can make all the throws just not consistently. Runs hot and cold. Key for us is to limit run game and pressure Demorat. Make him move. We have been very good at those tasks.
For us on O , Rams 2ndary is their weak area. Vulnerable deep. Usually a 2 deep scheme. Some zone which they do poorly. Expect we will emphasize RBs in pass game.
To get this W we need to play better than we did for Gate. Points will be at a premium.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:52 pm

I watched the last quarter of the Fordham/Hoya game and while Mornat is a a physical specimen (must be about 6'5") and can throw forever, he was very erratic. He was on his game in the last drive when it counted, however. I think Coach K has to figure out multiple approaches to putting heavy pressure on him with a lot of 'run blitzes'. The more time Mornat has in the rocking chair, he will pick us alive. Have to force him into quick and/or bad decisions. Sorry to see Bibbens won't be back yet. Yes, Burbage is done for the year. He misses being eligibile for a medical redshirt by several minutes as he was into his 5th game, though he could apply for hardship, but rarely given.

I would look for Hope to be used both as RB and WR. He gives Brisson a lot of options with having Allen, Hill and Lucas. Hopefully a good ball control running game with a few passes mixed in. Keeping the ball out of Mornat's hands helps and rests the D. I will be there. Weather looking great ...Sunny and upper 50's/low 60's.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:11 am

Lehigh And Fordham To Tussle In Bronx With First Place In Patriot League On The Line

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/l ... -the-line/

Unlike last season, both Lehigh (2-3, 1-0) and Fordham (3-4, 1-0) enter this game in a very different place mentally.

Two weeks ago, Lehigh held off defending champions Colgate 21-14 on a last-second defensive stand, and have had an extra bye week to soak in the juices of that thrilling win.

And last week, Fordham stunned Georgetown in the final minute to escape DC with a 30-27 win.

Both teams find themselves sitting tied atop the Patriot League standings, playing for first place, and unlike last year, there will be no shortage of passion on the field at Jack Coffey Field at 1:00 PM this Saturday.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Interesting tidbit. Craig Haley,FCS columnist for Athlon and STATS picks 10 Best FCS games each week. For week 8 his #10 pick is Lehigh vs Fordham. Noting Lehigh's remarkable improvement on D since 2017 , he picks Lehigh to win. :D
LU808

Post by LU808 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Wish I could (I want to) believe him...but i'm just not totally sold yet!