Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
datruph

Re: Bucknell

Post by datruph » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 am

Not picking on o-line but the simple truth is they are not as good as there opponent each week. Its suicide playing qb or rb on this team. i was saying to move the pocket and quick passes all year but yesterday i saw monoco catch the snap and throw a quick bubble almost like a ss turning a dbl play and he got popped. its stupid at this point. we can beat this situation up each week but nothings getting better this year and unless i start seeing o-line recruits start popping up this could last awhile. The only thing brisson could help with is running 2-3 man patterns with quick releases. block 7 and 8 every play. either way we are going to end 4-7. injuries are out of control. players hearts have been stripped from them and the coaching staff needs to look in the mirror. elton john wrote a song with lyrics that said, 'its a sad sad situation" and that applies to lehigh football at present.

News
Site Admin

Post by News » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:54 am

LUopa

Post by LUopa » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 am

I concur with all here it was not good performance. The defense wasn't that bad....the bad calls on PIs were killers. I didn't see any kids quit! Effort was there...I watched the game on local TV here in the Atlanta Metro area. We have a good number of kids from GA. Who here would have predicted we could finish season at 4-2 and a possible tie for league championship if we win last game? Clearly the program is in transition...I could see shake up in coaching staff, players and some position changes in near future. Head coach negative exchanges with players during game is a concern.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:06 am

LUopa wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 am I concur with all here it was not good performance. The defense wasn't that bad....the bad calls on PIs were killers. I didn't see any kids quit! Effort was there...I watched the game on local TV here in the Atlanta Metro area. We have a good number of kids from GA. Who here would have predicted we could finish season at 4-2 and a possible tie for league championship if we win last game? Clearly the program is in transition...I could see shake up in coaching staff, players and some position changes in near future. Head coach negative exchanges with players during game is a concern.
+1
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am

LUopa wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 am I concur with all here it was not good performance. The defense wasn't that bad....the bad calls on PIs were killers. I didn't see any kids quit! Effort was there...I watched the game on local TV here in the Atlanta Metro area. We have a good number of kids from GA. Who here would have predicted we could finish season at 4-2 and a possible tie for league championship if we win last game? Clearly the program is in transition...I could see shake up in coaching staff, players and some position changes in near future. Head coach negative exchanges with players during game is a concern.
Agreed. OL implosion most concerning. HC overcoaching staff bothersome. Players' errors need to be corrected by coaching not screaming. Venting frustration understandable usually but not for a HC during the game.
Gotta wonder who will be able to play next week. Will Stewart and/or Passarelli get off concussion protocol. Gurth in a boot after game. Monaco also a concussion protocol. Shoup a possible broken hand.
Daunting list. TG has to address those and more importantly execution by players and by coaches. The inability of the OL to adapt in any way to Bucknell pressure a real problem. Edge rush a matter of speed. Our OL looked very slow vs their D line and LBs. Lack of A gap control play after play just ridiculous. Not to mention no eyes on 2nd level rushers.smh
datruph

Post by datruph » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:47 pm

dont think shoup hand is broken. monoco concussion proto-call. #4 and 7 IDO,IDO,IDO. ugh...
datruph

Post by datruph » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Would like to post a quickie to all transferring under-classman. It is your choice to be able to transfer. Be sure in your journey that it is for the correct reasons. Too start as a freshman is a privilege in any d1 school in the country. THE GRASS ISN'T GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE...YES, D1 sports are hard, so is life. If you start a pattern in life at an early age of in essence quitting because the team sucks, the coaches are HILTLERS, I cant get playing time, i hate the school which are just hurdles, this same quitting will become who you are. You will quit on marraige, you will quit on your kids, you will quit on your job when the going gets tough. None of it is good. LIFE IS UNFAIR. It comes at you. You kids have been brought up in a world like gaming which when you are losing you hit, START OVER. Life doesn't allow you to start over. Lehigh is not an avenue to the NFL. Thats not the reason you come to schools like Lehigh. .0000003 kids make it to the NFL and the life expectancy is 2 1/2 years. Say you make 600k and total out at 1.5 million. Good start in life..Right???? Agents, taxes and blown money you will be broke in 5 years. No degree or some degree from NOBODY CARES univ or a school like Liberty or Southern New Hampshire. Most kids and parents do not have guidance or experience with this brutal world of college football. Nobody's fault!!! Its hard to make sense of the ridiculous. When coaches expect you to cheer for your replacement!!! Its modern day slavery. IT ALL STINKS...I totally get it!!!Use the system like the system will use you. Get the best education you can and most importantly when you transfer, do it for the education, not the football...hope this helps all Lehigh transfers!!!
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:28 pm

datruph wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:47 am transfer portal should be loaded soon with defectors.
Seems to have started.smh
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:55 pm

[quote=datruph post_id=25703 time=1573510507 user_id=90]
Would like to post a quickie to all transferring under-classman. It is your choice to be able to transfer. Be sure in your journey that it is for the correct reasons. Too start as a freshman is a privilege in any d1 school in the country. THE GRASS ISN'T GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE...YES, D1 sports are hard, so is life. If you start a pattern in life at an early age of in essence quitting because the team sucks, the coaches are HILTLERS, I cant get playing time, i hate the school which are just hurdles, this same quitting will become who you are. You will quit on marraige, you will quit on your kids, you will quit on your job when the going gets tough. None of it is good. LIFE IS UNFAIR. It comes at you. You kids have been brought up in a world like gaming which when you are losing you hit, START OVER. Life doesn't allow you to start over. Lehigh is not an avenue to the NFL. Thats not the reason you come to schools like Lehigh. .0000003 kids make it to the NFL and the life expectancy is 2 1/2 years. Say you make 600k and total out at 1.5 million. Good start in life..Right???? Agents, taxes and blown money you will be broke in 5 years. No degree or some degree from NOBODY CARES univ or a school like Liberty or Southern New Hampshire. Most kids and parents do not have guidance or experience with this brutal world of college football. Nobody's fault!!! Its hard to make sense of the ridiculous. When coaches expect you to cheer for your replacement!!! Its modern day slavery. IT ALL STINKS...I totally get it!!!Use the system like the system will use you. Get the best education you can and most importantly when you transfer, do it for the education, not the football...hope this helps all Lehigh transfers!!!
[/qu. Beat me to it. Very well said. Hope some of the players get to read this.
Lets hope that there arent more.
datruph

Post by datruph » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:59 pm

unfortunately plenty more to come. another today. besides brandon. very sad...iron fist leadership only works when youve earned the respect. once again 18-22 year olds do not relate to that style anymore.