Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Bucknell

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Notes up.
Passarelli and Hill listed on 2 deep on 1st team. We'll see. Hopefully good news.

Early line we are favored by 4.

van

Re: Bucknell

Post by van » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:52 pm

really surprised about Hill, more so if he plays than being listed on notes
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:57 pm

Bucknell has pretty good skill players. Sanders is more than capable of making a big play against Lehigh's defense. I have to think Cecchini will try and get him the ball in different ways. The Bison's backs, Freshnock and Cooper are good but the OL is rather weak. If they're able to have success against Lehigh's front it likely will be a long day for the Brown and White.

Defensively the Bison aren't very good. Page and Mottram need to be accounted for but that's about it. As long as Lehigh's offense comes out focused they should be able to move the ball and find a way to put 20-30 points

If Lehigh is ready to play they should win by 10-14 points. Bucknell is 1-7 for a reason, they stink. The cupboard remains very bare in Lewisburg. A loss would be a brutal blow for Lehigh with Sacred Heart and Lafayette left.
van

Post by van » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:10 pm

I don't know, but this game worries me, Bitikofer has similar numbers to Monaco against better competition and we have not been strong against the run lately, it would be a big mistake to take bucky lightly
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Any path to a successful end of the season - or perhaps more than that, if Holy Cross stumbles - is 100% contingent on a win in Lewisburg. The question is how deep this team is going to be. I don't think Hill makes the trip.
LUopa

Post by LUopa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:38 pm

I'm concerned about injuries to starters also plus a let down from last week with all the pressure on kids and coaches. Also the coaching connection to Lehigh concerns me....this could be their super bowl game. I still like what we are doing on defense- 35th in FCS Rushing yards, 53rd total defense, 86th passing yards allowed. Kids are flying around playing hard!
van

Post by van » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:50 pm

yes, love the effort on O, D and ST, coaches have instilled some fine culture which should continue to pay dividends and from player interviews I get the sense that of some young men with admirable character
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:27 am

Bucknell - lacking a Lehigh-Laf game often treats Lehigh as there biggessssst game, whether they are good or not. Of course, very often, this game is the week before L-L so when at Lewisburg it is often their final home game, sometimes there last game. I think they have played us more than any other team. I suppose years ago Gettysburg was there big game, but they probably haven;t played in 40 years+
Bison_137

Post by Bison_137 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 am

Richb-3 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:27 am Bucknell - . . . I think they have played us more than any other team. I suppose years ago Gettysburg was there big game, but they probably haven;t played in 40 years+

You are correct that Gettysburg was the most-played opponent - by far - when that series ended in 1978. However LU is not the most-played opponent now. Bucknell has played Lafayette a lot more than LU over the years. In fact, Bucknell's first football game - in 1883 - was vs LC.

A lot of people wouldn't guess who Bucknell's most common opponent was through the early 1950's, when Gettysburg moved into the top spot. Prior to that, Bucknell had played Penn State more than any other opponent. In fact, after Bucknell beat PSU four consecutive times from 1927-1930, Penn State refused to play the next three years But when the series resumed in 1934, Bucknell beat them again. (That was the year Bucknell won the Orange Bowl.) But by the late-1930's. Penn State had started to gain the upper hand. And starting in 1945, the series was no longer competitive.
Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 pm

Lehigh has played Bucknell more than any team other than Lafayette. Saturday is the 83rd meeting between the two. This year's L-L game is number 155