RIVALRY

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

RIVALRY

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Yes Rich there is a game on Saturday. :D
Notes up. Good news . Bad news
OL intact Hill is back

Beesmer at QB . Shoup at 2 Rybka still out.
Otherwise no changes.
Quick scan of Pard board. They still havent recovered from last year. They are surevthey are better. Fearful they could lose again. Not much confidence in Garrett.
The usual smack talk of this week absent. Read boards and AGS the disappointed anger over the state of PL football is rampant. Justifiably.
This will be #56 for me. Admit my enthusiasm has waned this year. Even knowing this was a very young rebuilding team, my frustration level has been epic. :shock:
This game will be yet another nailbiter. Pards have a QB. We have the 3rd string starting. We both have Ds. Ours will keep us in the game. Can we score is the open question. Alec likely will be a bit better. Hill's return with Allen gives us the potential of a run attack.
Not sure what kind of O we will field. We seem to start out with some creativity which disappears as the game progresses. Gotta figure Pards will use the same types of pressure Ds that we have been facing rather poorly. If we stick to mostly keeping our QBs in the pocket, it will be an avalanche of hits on the QB .

CHIP72

Re: RIVALRY

Post by CHIP72 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:00 pm

I just wanted to say I'll be there on Saturday; it will be my third overall L-L game, second consecutive L-L game, and first L-L game at Goodman Stadium. (It will also be the first DI-AA/FCS game I've attended in person since late September, when I attended four such games over two consecutive Saturdays.) Hopefully this edition of "The Rivalry" will be more competitive than the first two editions I've attended, both of which were considered among the worst losses of the past decade for the losing team (150 at Yankee Stadium when Lafayette won 27-7, and 154 at Fisher Stadium when Lehigh won 34-3).
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Looking at the weather forecast, it appears it will be a cold and raw day on Saturday, with temperatures in the low 40s and a possibility of rain or snow showers later in the game.

Hopefully everybody who attends wears proper attire (boots, thermal underwear, multiple upper body layers, gloves, and something to cover your ears and head, as well as a poncho if necessary).
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Unlike Chip72, I want a blow out, so I can leave in the 3rd quarter for the Princeton wrestling meet. Never left Leh-laf before, but I am counting this towards my 50, I think I will be at 46.

How is Chip72 only at his 3rd l-l game?
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm pushing No. 30 in person (lost track) and am not looking forward to getting wet again.

Worst ones I attended were 2017, though I had a poncho, and that last one (I think) in Taylor -- the FREEZING game, in which my mom and wife (I think, or fiance) bolted for the warmer confines of The Goose.

I remember many games where the weather was decent, decent enough to break a sweat fighting for a big piece of wood to hang in the house. Those were the days.

Hopefully it at least stays dry -- and we score a couple or three TDs to stay in the game. Hopefully Lafayette won't blow us out, emboldened by what normally is a super-loud crowd (compared to our relatively quiet one) and playing on our field.
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm Unlike Chip72, I want a blow out, so I can leave in the 3rd quarter for the Princeton wrestling meet. Never left Leh-laf before, but I am counting this towards my 50, I think I will be at 46.

How is Chip72 only at his 3rd l-l game?
Though I'm originally from the Lehigh Valley, I did not attend Lehigh or Lafayette (and none of my family members did either), and only really started following DI-AA/FCS football in the last 10-15 years. (I've followed Lehigh, and for that matter Lafayette, college basketball since the early 1990s, and was paying attention before that, i.e. when Lehigh made the NCAA Tournament in 1985 and 1988 when I was in 6th and 9th grade respectively.) I also have not lived in the Lehigh Valley during a full football season since 1996.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Weather (ayt least in Harrisburg) says no rain until dark
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:42 am

Weather looks to rather normal late November albeit a bit raw. :D
Tha sub zero battle at Taylor was I think the coldest game I have ever been to. Wives and girlfriends laft at halftime back to the Hotel B bar. I made ot to mid 3rd quarter.. Went to Rosie's place just behind the visitors stands. 2 Rusty Nails while I waited for the diehards. :lol:
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:29 pm

1987 game sellout, 19,300 U would say by mid 3rd quarter under 2000. But at least 15,000 back by the end

20 F, 40 mph winds = 20 below wind chill factor, I have camped out 9 below 50 below wind chill factor, so no big deal for me. (that camp out was the same weekend as the Cincinnati- San Diego playoff game when Steve Krieder said the attendance showed the failure of the American Education System

The Night after the last game in Taylor the Harrisburg Piranha semi-pro team, often the best in the country, played a game, on City Island, Temperatures had dropped, but not wind. attendance 25,
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 pm

This will be #49 in a row for me. I've stayed pretty much until the game was well in the bag with the exception of the last game in Taylor when I left in the 3rd quarter.
Lehigh-Lafayette is far more than a football game for me. It's an event beginning early in the morning and ending late at night with friends, classmates and fraternity brothers. We retell the same stories every year and at my age, they always seem new.

Here is to a safe, healthy weekend with plenty of friendship, food, drink and another win for Lehigh.

Break out that old silver goblet...