FCS Playoffs

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: FCS Playoffs

Post by RichH » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:29 pm

datruph wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 am The star system is just for the average "JOE" fan to have something to brag about at the water-cooler at work. Not one coach worth his salt relies on the star system. I have seen a kid go to a recruiting camp as an already labeled one star and one of his coaches are helping with the camp and he comes out a 4 star. If you know the guys who run these camps you can get whatever star you want. This is where talent eval's are crucial. These coaches cannot view every kid so they have to rely on trusted scouts. That being said, I can go on and on of how many no star and 1 star players are in the NFL. IT's really a joke. You cannot measure a kids heart or determination on film. You cannot know if hes a great program guy or grinder. These players are gold and hard to find.
+1 Absolutely

Sundayamqb

Re: FCS Playoffs

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:04 pm

datruph wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 am The star system is just for the average "JOE" fan to have something to brag about at the water-cooler at work. Not one coach worth his salt relies on the star system. I have seen a kid go to a recruiting camp as an already labeled one star and one of his coaches are helping with the camp and he comes out a 4 star. If you know the guys who run these camps you can get whatever star you want. This is where talent eval's are crucial. These coaches cannot view every kid so they have to rely on trusted scouts. That being said, I can go on and on of how many no star and 1 star players are in the NFL. IT's really a joke. You cannot measure a kids heart or determination on film. You cannot know if hes a great program guy or grinder. These players are gold and hard to find.
+1