Spring Practice

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: Spring Practice

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:22 pm

We know that detruph. Not all my musings are serious. Just killing time til practice. Burton knows he cant get to start at UCLA. He can grad transfer with 2 yrs eligibility. Wouldnt be surprise if he went back to BC where he had verballed.
A serious issue is an OL asst. OL is the most pressing
issue. OL not nearly as thin as last year. Agree too many injuries could be a problem if the 2s have not improved. Rosen' s injury hurt last year as well as losing Curlin and Motley not near 100%. The constant shuffling thereafter was IMO equally as catastrophic to any cohesion.
Lets see where we are after Spring.

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:38 pm

I personally think landing a transfer or two to help fill a need, create depth and enhance competition is a smart decision. Other PL schools accept transfers so by opting out Lehigh is only adding one more level of red tape in a league filled with them. Had Lehigh been proactive in finding a DT or two in '15 and '16 it could have been a real game changer nationally.

As for Lehigh being tough on transfers that might have changed over the years. I know when I tossed around leaving Temple in 2002/2003 (housing crisis and the school was a bit lost under President Adamany) I was informed from someone in the admissions office there would be little issue entering Lehigh from Temple's business (really good GPA at that point...lol) program. Family/Legacy status might have helped? There was very little chance I was getting in out of HS due to a solid but not PL level SAT score. Perhaps if my father donated lights for Goodman? :lol:
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:48 am

The Portal does change the transfer landscape. But, aside from that there will always be some kids looking to transfer here for many reasons other than playing time.
Back in my time ( Paleolithic times :lol: ), I had a classmate who had been a starter for Ohio State. Yet he transferred here. He wanted to graduate from Lehigh rather than OSU. Others are just voming back home to the LV. I agree the Portal could wreak havoc among players if used as a standard recruiting tool every year. That does not mandate turning away kids who actually want to be here. Regardless of the Portal, I think it very unlikely that we will be like UD or Fordham with multiple transfers.