Spring Practice

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Richb-3

Re: Spring Practice

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:40 pm

I had a friend who in 1967 decided to spend his Freshman year at Alabama. No idea why, He decided to the Transfer to Lock Haven, They accepted him, but would only accept "A"s for transfer. Quality school there at Bama

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:45 pm

TMH wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:40 am
ngineer wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:01 am I remember my daughter, who went to Bucknell, had changed her major so her physics was out of sequence. So she took physics at Lehigh while at home for the summer and got a 93 or 'A'..Bucknell would only give her a "P" and not allow the points in her GPA. Really?
That's what happens when you send your kids to Bucknell :-)
I didn't 'send' her. She went there. ;)
datruph

Post by datruph » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Remember the other side to transfers. It sends a message to the team and it has lasting reservations. It tells all the classes before that youve waited your turn and your not good enough...we need to go elsewhere and replace you. The kids that come to Lehigh wait there turn and then get to play. Atleast that is what I always thought at these lower level athletic programs. Theres no development anymore theres replacement. The transfer portal will have detrimental effects on a program like ours and kids will quit or transfer. We cannot afford either. I do think a qb that doesnt make his goals at another school will transfer our way after spring but I guess only time will tell. Beesmer better keep looking down asa packer ave to see whos moving in, in the summer. I do think a qb will peel away from a school. Shoup and the other kid better stick with there education. Harsh reality even at our level. Brisson is desperate and needs to do whatever he has to keep his job. This could make 3 years in a row with a poor offensive showing. He better brush up on his car insurance career because he might be looking for a job....
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:59 am

A bit over the top but I also have reservations about the portal. datruph is right IMO that Lehigh is not really suitable for expansive use of the portal. Transfers,albeit infrequent, are a part of Lehigh zports. If indeed we actively recruited players to transfer , I could accept datruph's view of the impact on the team. We dont. Players transfer from Lehigh and into Lehigh. It happens. Perhaps transfer apps may increase. That is the landscape now with the portal. A reality all have to deal with. Lehigh is a very difficult place to get into via transfer.
That Gilmore follows the portal is common sense.

The current rumor is that there is a transfer app in from a QB. Unconfirmed.
I noticed today that.UCLA QB Austin Burton.just entered the portal. He is the brother of Kayla Burton, Lehigh Basketball.
Just a tintllating tibit to ponder while we await Spring football. :D
van

Post by van » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:10 am

Burton certainly titillating, would be a grad transfer I guess, but only 1 year of PL rules eligibility? how does PL regard a redshirt year elsewhere? and I know I am getting way ahead of myself
RichH

Re: Spring Practice Burton

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 am

Burton would come into Lehigh with his current eligibility under NCAA rules. So 2 years. PL rules would the apply. He would need to be in compliance with the PL academic requirements. How many credits will he need to graduate. I note Lehigh may not accept all of his UCLA credits.
van

Post by van » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:26 am

reported that he is set to graduate from UCLA this spring, so I assume a grad transfer, suppose it could be for a second major, all hypothetical at this point
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:59 am

It may all be moot. I misread TG's statement. Wechave 1 slot available not necessarily any schollie money.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Perhaps a more relevant question. Will we have an OL coach for. Spring practice?
datruph

Post by datruph » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:39 pm

you guys are dreaming...burton? a guy from ucla taking the job at lehigh??? lol...thats like saying we might get an o-line coach from alabama...its not going to happen...maybe alabama high school. lets get real. we need to stay in our lane and settle for a guy who will take 65k. this o-line is still thin and two injuries and we will be back in the same spot as last year. zero yards rushing and no time to throw...