Laf delays fall season until Sept. 18

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
lafalum

Re: Laf delays fall season until Sept. 18

Post by lafalum » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:50 pm

The question for Lafayette alums since Lehigh, Bucknell and other PL members have the same class start date will they follow the NCAA guidelines or not. If not and they interpret it differently there are going to be a lot of upset Lafayette alums.
As Lafayette interprets the rules, with a class first on Aug 17 students would come in starting the 8th. Six weeks after that would mean no competitions until Sept 18. By that calculation Lehigh could not start either.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Dont think LU is planning on any games in Sept as of now. Last Saturday in Sept may bevpossible depending on how other teams sort out their schedules.
Frankly, there are too many unknowns for any kind of set schedule. COVID still spreading. Do we really expect all our kids will be responsible not only all summer but once back on campus? Do we segregate team from all student contact? Limit them to remote classes? I dunno.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 pm

IF there is football this year, I could see a scenario where no leagues would playa this year having to avoid over night stays. Keep all games within 2-3 hour drives. Lehigh plays Laf, Bucky, VU, Delaware, Monmouth, Wagner, Fordham, Sacred Heart. Originally, with the Ivies, we could add Penn, Princeton and Columbia, but they've punted til Spring. The more I think about this, the more I see us doing the same thing.