COMMIT #3 Blake. Hartman RB

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: COMMIT #3 Blake. Hartman RB

Post by RichH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:49 am

A recruit cannot appear on an official team roster until he becomes an enrolled student at Lehigh after graduating from HS. The frosh will appear on the roster when LU publishes the update after preseason camp starts.The coaching staff prepares that roster usually after player testing is complete. IIRC that is usually about 2 weeks or so into practice.

Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:02 am

Could a HS student athlete graduate in January, enter as a green shirt, without effecting his eligibility? (This year only - for classes below FBS) - I would not be surprised if at least one of the FB recruits is a green shirt,
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Guess so. I dont know whether Admissions would let coach use a slot for a mid year admit. Slot puts recruited players in a separate pool for admission purposes. Same entrance requirements just no competition with other applicants. Should also note midyear admissions have been very restricted. May not be the case for now as LU missed their target for the frosh class.
I know Bateman was asked by local media if he was going to take an early grad to enter LU in Feb. He said not.
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 pm

I know that some FBS schools do this as a way of getting recruits indoctrinated into the system prior to the fall season. On an FCS level, it makes no sense to me. Let the kids enjoy their senior year of HS and graduate with their class. Lehigh is pretty loaded at RB currently and this season will seem like glorified scrimmages to me but still a welcome oasis.

Rich, BTW...am I correct in assuming that Bateman is the A-Rod version of Blake Hartman? :-)
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:31 pm

TMH wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 pm I know that some FBS schools do this as a way of getting recruits indoctrinated into the system prior to the fall season. On an FCS level, it makes no sense to me. Let the kids enjoy their senior year of HS and graduate with their class. Lehigh is pretty loaded at RB currently and this season will seem like glorified scrimmages to me but still a welcome oasis.

Rich, BTW...am I correct in assuming that Bateman is the A-Rod version of Blake Hartman? :-)
:o :oops: :D :D
Sure. Why not.