Jaylen Floyd

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Jaylen Floyd

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:14 pm

Entered the portal today. Lehigh's best CB and captain.. We do have a lot of talent returning and incoming but none as experienced.

Wish him the best going forward.

TMH

Re: Jaylen Floyd

Post by TMH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Covid has created so much confusion (among other issues). Tell me if I got this right.

Jaylen is a senior this year. My guess is that he will probably graduate from Lehigh in May. By entering the transfer portal now he will extend the time that teams can look at him but he forfeits any potential senior season in spring.
If there is no spring season, do athletes get another year to compete? What if there is a spring season? Even if there is an extra year, I'll assume that in most cases it will be on the athlete's dime which makes it kinda a no-brainer of transferring if you can get schollie $ elsewhere for grad school.

Sorry, just thinking out loud. :-)
van

Post by van » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:48 pm

TMH wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:00 pm Covid has created so much confusion (among other issues). Tell me if I got this right.

Jaylen is a senior this year. My guess is that he will probably graduate from Lehigh in May. By entering the transfer portal now he will extend the time that teams can look at him but he forfeits any potential senior season in spring.
If there is no spring season, do athletes get another year to compete? What if there is a spring season? Even if there is an extra year, I'll assume that in most cases it will be on the athlete's dime which makes it kinda a no-brainer of transferring if you can get schollie $ elsewhere for grad school.

similar to Karnik transfer I guess
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:18 pm

TMH wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:00 pm Covid has created so much confusion (among other issues). Tell me if I got this right.

From what I've read athletes get the extra year of eligibility regardless of whether there is a Spring season or not. Jaylen could have played and still have the extra year. IIR correctly once you enter the portal you are off the roster.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:34 pm

He is off the roster.
van

Post by van » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:27 pm

RichH wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:34 pm He is off the roster.
suspect that staff knew this was coming, explains roster over limit, still over by one I think, unless I missed another dropping off
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Pretty sure he told staff A while ago.
Does give TG another full ride this year. That wont fill the void Floyd leaves any time soon.