Demand Accountability. Letters to President Heible

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
HFO

Re: Demand Accountability. Letters to President Heible

Post by HFO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:54 pm

The Lehigh motto for last 3 Presidents is "We accept mediocrity."

Top Universities by Citations in Top Google Scholar profiles
https://www.webometrics.info/en/transparent

Some of the elite US universities directly ahead of Lehigh.
Texas-Arlington
Florida Atlantic
Oklahoma State
IUPUI
Nevada-Reno
North Texas
Utah State
Texas Tech
SUNY - Albany
Louisvillle
West Virginia
Alabama
San Diego State
Oklahoma
Auburn
RPI (next closest private university ahead of Lehigh)
Drexel (Private)
Florida International
Vermont
Clemson
BYU (private)
LSU
Boston College (private) Tulane (private)
The Chinese put in significantly effort of tracking all research worldwide. They developed the Shanghai Ranking first to track scholarly output. Now it is as good of a ranking system available on tertiary education.

https://www.shanghairanking.com/institu ... university

Lehigh #801-#900 range. Down from #700-#800 range. Dropping like a rock.
Civil Engineering Global #8
next highest Business #76-100 for the capitalists
EE #101-150
ME # 151-200
Finance #151-200
CS/Computer Engineering #301-400
Earth Science #401-500

No other area ranked in Top 500 globally. Not physical sciences of chemistry and physics. Not mathematics. Not life science of biology. Not a single liberal arts major. Not a single social studies major. Not even economics.

So Lehigh still be carried by the heavy lifting of the capitalists and the engineers.

Yeah, LEHIGH has become quite ELITE since I entered in the early 1940s. Back then we competed in mathematics competitions with MIT, Carnegie Tech, Princeton, Case Institute, Brooklyn College, City College and held our own. If this is progress for LEHIGH in past 25 years or even 75 years, LEHIGH Board of Trustees needs better benchmarks and a different Executive Search firm for Presidents.

Lehigh sports is an extension of the university excellence as expressed in competition. Mediocrity should not be accepted. Utter failure should not be tolerated. As I posted previously, in face of complete failure, men are replaced, PERIOD!

HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:58 pm

TMH wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:53 am This entire thread IMHO is pathetic on so many levels.

I follow Lehigh athletics, all of it, as passionately as perhaps anyone of this forum but even I don't judge the success and failure of a University by a win or loss on the athletic field at any moment in time. If that is your thing, you should have attended Alabama. Of course, your education would have been substandard but you would be elated on Saturday afternoons.

COVID has affected every facet of life, whether you want to believe it or not. Universities were certainly no exception. Every institution handled it differently. Many universities are cutting athletic programs. Athletic budgets were being cut across the board. Some handled it better than others depending on priorities. Nobody here understands the underpinnings of what it takes to run a University.

I learned a long time ago that the people who complain the most never really donated much to begin with. Of course there are exceptions. Logic tells me though that the way to improve a financially strapped department is probably not in withholding funds. Cathy Englebert apparently has not gotten your memo since it was announced yesterday that she is contributing $1M primarily to fund scholarships for female athletes.

Last night, I had the privilege to attend the Leadership dinner at Lehigh. Joe Sterrett was given the Lifetime Achievement Award for his commitment to Lehigh that spans 49 years. Virtually all coaches and many athletes attended strictly to honor Joe. He was given a standing ovation. I've known Joe for quite some time. He bleeds Brown and White like very few others. Murray Goodman gave a video testimonial to his relationship with Joe. He apparently never got the memo either. It was very evident that Joe has taken these last two years hard and personally. I'm sure he is aware of the kind of drivel that emanates from these boards lately. It just all seemed so wrong.

My guess is that Joe will retire shortly, hopefully with the dignity he deserves. Lehigh will find a replacement and if we aren't winning multiple PL Championships almost immediately, the outcry will commence again. Some will say it's unbridled passion. I think you just don't understand Lehigh.
I was there. It was a farewell dinner. Nothing pathetic other than your drivel.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:45 pm

As my career was in orthopedic surgery, just about 49 years (tenure of Joe Sterrett), TMH in medicine is therapeutic medical hypothermia (TMH) a treatment for ventricular fibrillation / ventricular tachycardia. TMH drivels on like he is a lawyer. Something in medicine, I preferred never to be around.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:00 pm

+1billion for capitalism.

Whoever taught you something called vulture capitalism did you a real disservice. The world not gonna wait for you to come out from your safe space in academia and explain to the rest of us how you came up with a better system of commerce and government. Better you stay there.

Snowflakes melt.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Philosophy 15. Ethics. Professor Haynes taught in the 1960s and 70s.

Obvious a couple of people people here never took the course.

Thinking it is moral to come in and buy up a struggling company, then sell off all the capital machinery, the employees sweat equity. Then to rob their pensions. I guess if you think it is ok to murder someone
to steal their berries you, this tactic is ok. Actually it is not fair to name this tactic after vultures who only eat the dead. It is like Nazi's charging Jews for the transportation to Auschwitz.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:35 pm Philosophy 15. Ethics. Professor Haynes taught in the 1960s and 70s.

Thinking it is moral to come in and buy up a struggling company, then sell off all the capital machinery, the employees sweat equity. Then to rob their pensions. I guess if you think it is ok to murder someone
to steal their berries you, this tactic is ok. Actually it is not fair to name this tactic after vultures who only eat the dead. It is like Nazi's charging Jews for the transportation to Auschwitz.
Yeah it’s just like that.

Lots of people living in the dark like you but that’s cool. We always need someone to come in on Saturdays and sweep up the dead bodies.
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Shocking report from HFO if Lehigh is like # 800 on a list of major universities

What does that tell us? It's not necessarily about Capitalism but as I posted and concure with HFO the University and Football are Mediocrities Reward

So fellow Alums how do we fix it???
HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:35 pm Philosophy 15. Ethics. Professor Haynes taught in the 1960s and 70s.

Frame the world of business in your myopic viewpoint and your false theories of the world as you would like it rather than the reality of what business accomplishes. Do you want some cheese with than whine?
HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Progress today. Lehigh scored not 1 TD, but 4TD. Monkey off their backs.
Lehigh an underdog in rest of games based on Sagarain mathematical models.
Best shots of win are Bucknell and Georgetown. Dave C., Lehigh alum, runs a quite a pass offense scheme for Bucknell. Big game now. Coach C win could be pathway to being named Lehigh coach come end of season. Fluke Georgetown seems most winnable, but they have played opponents better than Lehigh thus far. Holy Cross and Lafayette look like losses.

However, the games must be played and Lehigh was much better today. One off performance, or sustainable?
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 am

Big game now. Coach C win could be pathway to being named Lehigh coach come end of season.

- Yeah he'd be a wonderful choice. 23-54 career coaching record just the sort of guy we need.