Matthew Machalik Commit #3

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Re: Matthew Machalik Commit #3

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 pm

LU808 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:51 pm At Lehigh he can have a remarkable year AND get a remarkable education.

Let's hope he is mature enough or gets the right guidance to see it.
There's a lot of institutions that can provide that. Lehigh provides its own unique attributes that extend well beyond those two things. The "little things" are the specific factors that will land him on South Mountain rather than defecting to W&M, Villanova, Delaware, Fordham, or even Pitt or Syracuse.

I just hope Cahill and Hunt (assuming Hunt is back next year) can maximize the talent that will be available to them assuming the commits hold. They need to coach/teach these kids to be their best! I still firmly believe there is enough talent on the roster to also have a pretty quick turnaround if this staff has the "it" quality.

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:18 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 pm
LU808 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:51 pm At Lehigh he can have a remarkable year AND get a remarkable education.

Let's hope he is mature enough or gets the right guidance to see it.
There's a lot of institutions that can provide that. Lehigh provides its own unique attributes that extend well beyond those two things. The "little things" are the specific factors that will land him on South Mountain rather than defecting to W&M, Villanova, Delaware, Fordham, or even Pitt or Syracuse.

I just hope Cahill and Hunt (assuming Hunt is back next year) can maximize the talent that will be available to them assuming the commits hold. They need to coach/teach these kids to be their best! I still firmly believe there is enough talent on the roster to also have a pretty quick turnaround if this staff has the "it" quality.
Moreover, his friends and family will be able to attend his games! It is my understanding the coaches are keeping frequent contact to ward off any marauders!
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:57 pm

Matt was named 1st Team 4A at QB. It is the 3rd time he has received that honor.

Here is a nice article on his signing to Lehigh

https://www.tnonline.com/20231221/macha ... or-lehigh/
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:38 pm

Nice article on Matt. Sounds like the very kind of student-athlete we want and who can be part of the great turnaround..
adcs2

Post by adcs2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Anyone know if our QB recruit was part of the player revolt that led to ouster of basketball coach? I have heard conflicting things. If he was, it is not a great look.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:10 pm

On the other hand, the reports was that the HC had a sadistic streak and had a reputation for abusive conduct. Hence, some kids could or their parents had enough. A hearing was held with the School Board (not public). Coach chose to resign.

In this day and age, people no longer accept the conduct that was deemed appropriate 30, 40, 50+ years ago. For a young men 17-18 years old to stand up for their rights can be viewed as courageous and admirable. These incidents typically have been simmering for some time. Once boiling. if not addressed, this is what happens. The Lafayette Bball coach was fired last year for some 'over the line' conduct. People learning to stand up for what's right is not a bad thing. Everything I've heard about Machlik has been glowing. So even if he was 'involved', that doesn't bother me. Indeed, it shows he has cohones.