Rivalry 159

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
News
Site Admin

Rivalry 159

Post by News » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:24 pm

#Rivalry159 Preview, Lafayette at Lehigh

It is, indeed, one where you have to throw out the record books and it’s the game you absolutely have to win, if you’re a Lehigh or Lafayette head coach. It’s great theater every year, no matter what the records are, but this year the theater suddenly ends up on the national FCS stage.
Read More: https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... at-lehigh/

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Re: Rivalry 159

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:27 am

Is interest that low a non-Lehigh alum has to chime in? I love your optimism Chuck by referencing some previous years results to substantiate belief. Hopefully it happens! The 1968 win is obviously before my time. However, the 2009 game is still fresh in my memory as I vivdly recall driving back from a bachelor party in State College around 1 in the morning then consuming two of the strongest 7 and 7s (I needed something to stimulate the senses) mankind has ever created at the South Side Boosters Tailgate prior to the game. That whole Thursday-Saturday fiesta was capped by a great win over Lafayette that set the table for 3 straight 10 win seasons. Although, had Brown not been traded for Cecchini as the OC which then paved the way for Lum to supplant 2x Rivalry MVP JB Clark I'm confident that run does not occur.

The lack of complacency after the win is the biggest takeaway from 2009. Coen and the "program" made some pretty drastic changes AFTER the win. Regardless of what happens tomorrow brings, "tweaks" are needed if Cahill is indeed going to turn this thing around in rather short order.

I just don't see this team having the tangibles and intangibles needed to beat a 8-2 Lafayette. We'll know if they do in about 26 hours....
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:15 am

This is my 60th Rivalry game. My in person streak ended a while back :(
Perspective. Realistically, I wasn't expecting much else than what we got. Frustrating. We left 2/3 Ws on the field. Was there progress. Sure just not consistently yet.
Today ???
Don't see much of a shot for us to grab the W. Could we ? Yup with Pards'help.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:03 pm

A loss is one thing. This was an embarrassment. New staff will take time but I sure hope they show signs of progress next year. Otherwise, we’re looking at more than 5 years of abysmal performance and that is a very hard cycle to break.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:36 pm

Both Coordinators need to go! Same script every game