No effort. Collapse in The Rivalry.

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Local82

No effort. Collapse in The Rivalry.

Post by Local82 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:03 pm

They stopped playing early.
The coaches are accountable for that too.

adcs2

Re: No effort. Collapse in The Rivalry.

Post by adcs2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:24 pm

You can't really say "early". Maybe early third quarter.
mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:16 pm

Pitiful. Lot of dogs on that team.
RustyS

Post by RustyS » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:01 pm

Offense too conservative in 2nd early when they needed a first down, QB stopped moving around. Not sure how tall he is but lots of blocked passes. INT was text book bad. Terrible penalty on the punt return. Defense fell apart obviously, not getting up on receivers, as radio color guy Yadish kept saying. Disappointing. Can't rush next year Class of '70 here.
LHFtball

Post by LHFtball » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:02 pm

mookie wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:16 pm Pitiful. Lot of dogs on that team.
Tom Gilmore’s best season was 2019 with Andy’s roster. It got progressively worse as he recruited and created a garbage culture. It will take a few cycles to get rid of the dogs.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:06 pm

Local82 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:03 pm They stopped playing early.
The coaches are accountable for that too.
Nagy should NOT be retained for 2024.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:39 pm

I feel sorry for Perri. Plays hard but just doesn’t have the skills. His fumble and pick were fatal mistakes. I wish him well after graduation.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:18 pm

He missed lots of open receivers.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:44 pm

26 5th or Seniors I suspect many will be back. I do not expect a very big recruiting class. Probably under 15. The best of them should be used right away in 2 deep. Schedule is pretty tough so 5 wins would be an outstanding 2nd year. If you cannot play head to head, then they will have to modify offense for each opponent and scheme them against their weaknesses and players they can exploit.

So expect to continue to see a lot of passing, principally TE routes, screens and slants. Lehigh will have to find the quickest players possible who can catch. It is going to be a few seasons.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:09 pm

Was a shame that they played their best half of football of the season, and then pissed on it. The secondary was very young this year and everyone knew going in that would be the 'achilles heel', especially if no strong pass rush. Pick your poison, blitz and leave the DBs to fend for themselves, or help in coverage that gave some excellent passers too much time in the rocking chair over the season. We have received some excellent verbal commitments so far at skill positions, but we really need to beef up both lines. DL giving away too much weight and getting worn down by the fourth quarter. Hopefully, these 'sparks' of success that occurred during the year will provide motivation for prepping for '24 and realizing the work that is needed to be put in. As coach said in the press, we have too many guys playing football and not enough football players for this level. I like Cahill's approach, attitude and focus. The players appear to have bought in to his plan forward. I agree there were about 3-4 games this year that we lost that could have easily been 'W's" due to horrible turnovers and penalties. It is possible that by not winning those 4 additional games, we did not end up with a 'false" winning record of 6-5, which would have many people think that the corner had already been turned. It hasn't. We are in the process of turning around a battleship to a new course, and that takes time. Like everyone, I hope we get lucky and snag some great recruits that can make an immediate impact, but at level of FCS football, that is easier said than done. Next year's schedule has its challenges, but I still see the potential for 4-6 wins. We won't really see our progress until next August 31 at West Point!! Go LEHIGH!