Recruits and transfers

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Footballman

Re: Recruits and transfers

Post by Footballman » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:21 am

As far as Lehigh senior transfers go any word on Denucci, Jablonski, Johnson, Kennedy, Padezanin or Sheridan? I saw Kennedy and Johnson have entered the portal but I haven’t seen or heard anything about the other guys.

RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:50 am

Footballman wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:21 am As far as Lehigh senior transfers go any word on Denucci, Jablonski, Johnson, Kennedy, Padezanin or Sheridan? I saw Kennedy and Johnson have entered the portal but I haven’t seen or heard anything about the other guys.
Padezanin is coming back. DeNucci considering it. Think Jablonski is also but haven't heard anything. Heard nothing on Sheridan as yet.Noriced that Richter has drawn a lot of offers. MAC and FCS.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:19 am

Question on the current time period. For those high school seniors being recruited, but who have not committed to early signing last month, must they wait, now, to sign in February, or can they sign and announce between now and then?
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:54 am

Rich may correct me but the early signing period was only 3 days. Regular signing period begins February 7. Athletes can verbally commit anytime in between but must wait until the latter date to sign.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:29 pm

Justafan wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:54 am Rich may correct me but the early signing period was only 3 days. Regular signing period begins February 7. Athletes can verbally commit anytime in between but must wait until the latter date to sign.
Yup. Exactly. Harden committed the other day but can't sign until 2/7
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:56 pm

Thanks!
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:26 pm

Ran into Coach Kashurba Saturday night at the Hotel Bethlehem while attending the Wrestling Club dinner. He was there to meet some parents and recruits who were staying over at the Hotel. I assume these recruits are highly coveted with the school putting up the 'bigger bucks' to place the families at the Hotel B., which has been looking great with the Christmas decor. The wrestling dinner in the ballroom, would have been of interest to the football recruits as it showcased how rabid Lehigh sports fans can be for their teams. The dinner event was well attended and spirited with a very luminous alum speaking: Vice Admiral Colin Kilrain, (USN Ret.) Kilrain spoke glowingly of Lehigh and his days here with the coaches and teammates. Would have been a nice impression for the recruits and their families.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:05 pm

A visit weekend for football. We still have e live offers for football. Staff has been out for a while. airr number of '25 offers already out.
HFO

Post by HFO » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:20 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:54 pm
Justafan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:44 pm Rich,

It's early but of our 7 known HS commits, 6 are from PA and none live further than 1 hr 45 min away.

Do we still divide the staff up into recruiting area? Has our recruiting budget been cut?

I know and appreciate the value of getting local guys but are we ignoring the rest of the country for talent.

Again, it's early. Perhaps we will know more soon.
Personally, given the current dynamics in college football, I like it! Recruit kids whose parents/family can become more engaged in the program and also develop a deeper bond with the school! Hopefully by offering kids who are familiar with Lehigh, and having friends and neighbors who respect the school's "greater good" casually reaffirms the school's quality reputation thus helping to build a stronger belief in their choice. For a school like Lehigh to be successful, at least until the transfer rule is reined in, they need to find kids who are willing to trust Lehigh to fulfill their academic, athletic and social goals while keeping family active in their pursuits.

I also think schools like Lehigh have a chance to re-image their Greek systems to get athletes to immerse themselves into the institution's fabric.
Lehigh could recruit just the Lehigh Valley and have a competitive team. Recruit Lehigh Valley, Delaware Valley/Philadelphia, NJ and WPIAL and you can have a National Championship caliber team.