Kuehner joining Kinney at Lafayette

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
adcs2

Kuehner joining Kinney at Lafayette

Post by adcs2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:03 pm

I see that Mason Kuehner is joining his Nazareth teammate Sean Kinney at Lafayette. I believe Kuehner (WR) had a dozen or so offers, including Lehigh.

mookie

Re: Kuehner joining Kinney at Lafayette

Post by mookie » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:30 am

Lafayette loading up on slow white guys.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:30 am

mookie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:30 am Lafayette loading up on slow white guys.
When Air Lehigh was functioning, Pards realized the only way to win was to assemble a gigantic Offensive Line control the ball for over 40 minutes a game.
adcs2

Post by adcs2 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:41 pm

mookie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:30 am Lafayette loading up on slow white guys.
Obviously an ignorant statement. Mountain Hawks would love to either or both.

* Kinney only needs to win a 5-yard dash. Who cares how fast he is.

* Kuehner is fast, really fast. Runs 100m/200m for Nazareth track team. If you want to see his athleticism, go watch him play hoops for the Blue Eagles.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:16 pm

adcs2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:03 pm I see that Mason Kuehner is joining his Nazareth teammate Sean Kinney at Lafayette. I believe Kuehner (WR) had a dozen or so offers, including Lehigh.
Pards are doing very well in the LV. Kinney is an elite recruit. Kuehner is a very fast athlete
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:41 am

Well, Coach Falzone is a Lafayette grad, correct? If so then not surprising.
HFO

Post by HFO » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:09 am

adcs2 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:41 pm
Obviously an ignorant statement. Mountain Hawks would love to either or both.

* Kinney only needs to win a 5-yard dash. Who cares how fast he is.

* Kuehner is fast, really fast. Runs 100m/200m for Nazareth track team. If you want to see his athleticism, go watch him play hoops for the Blue Eagles.
Nazareth has quite the tradition of speedy WR. There is a kid on Washington Redskins and former Villanova WR Licardi who set D11 records. Then a pretty fast guy from Whitehall at 235lbs playing RB for NY Giants. Lehigh Valley has always had enough speed guys.

Surprisingly nobody has beat Mike Hartenstein's D11 AAA shot put record.

I believe Kinney will get his chance to play DT. He has same size as Aaron Donald who was highly underrecruited coming out of high school compared to his LB brother Archie Donald. If Kinney hand fighting and 3 yard gap speed are good, he will be a disrupter. If you ever see him up close, he is still baby faced and soft, so he hasn't developed real man strength yet. Same thing was true of Stephen Neal who came out of high school a wiry boyish 189lb and then matured in college wrestling and 6 years off from football gave NFL a shot and became a starter.

Counter Kinney to Carleton Haselrig who was an absolute man-child in his 1 year of wrestling in high school. He was man sized and mature man muscularity and became even more dominating in college. He also was 6 years removed from football and made starting lineup at guard for Steelers.

Kinney like Aaron Donald should also take up judo. It will help him even more than wrestling playing DT. Personally, I think FBS underestimated how good Kinney is. He will grow and develop at Lafayette at a rapid pace. I expect he will be dominant in Patriot League. I just do not expect most linemen to be able to handle his skill sets he developed in wrestling for hand fighting and leverage. He has opportunity to disrupt every play at Patriot League level.

If he truly grows to 6'5" and 310lbs watch out. He will be an FCS All American. Too bad we will not get to see him wrestle unless he enters some tournaments unattached.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:12 pm

Speed not so important in the line..quickness is. Big difference. Interesting observation about cross-training with judo. Reminds me that the great Carl Eller of the Vikings took ballet classes in order to increase his mobility and agility.