Early PL Preview

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: Early PL Preview

Post by RichH » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 pm

A fair take on this coming season. Pards and Crusaders are the prime contenders. Pards have a significant edge.Rams a wild card. They should score a lot but will there be any D? Not real likely.🤷‍♂️ Gate could be solid? Enough to challenge???
Hoyas lost much of their best. Perhaps not a cupcake,but not a challenger either. Bison seem to have hit a wall. There is some talent but not much confidence yet. Instilling that into a team is toughest hurdle in a rebuild. Bison should no longer be in rebuild mode.
Lehigh. Army game could make or break us. Up to us and how we perform. I expect another roller coaster year. Not only game to game but series to series . 🥺😏
My annual ritual... do we have a competent OL?
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Johnson got a shout out from Chad Hemne noting that Lehigh got a "good one".😁
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:49 pm

I think the PL will be fairly 'open' again this year. Certainly, the Leotards have a good offensive core returning, but don't appear invincible. They have a tough early schedule and will be tested. The rest of the league teams all have significant question marks and when dealing with young players, one never knows who will the unexpected guy(s) who step up and standout. With Cahill's second season and a raft of new faces coming in, I think we can expect some improvement on athleticism. Inexperience will be the achilles heel in games, but I sense a strong bonding effort with these guys seeing themselves on a mission to play for each other and to create a 'new legacy' team at Lehigh, similar to the Class of '74, that came in and ended the 'Desert Years' in 1971. It will be interesting to see if Cahill will make any significant moves in mid-season, depending on how we have done to that point, with the two-week bye.
lufan1987

Post by lufan1987 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:57 pm

RichH wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 pm A fair take on this coming season. Pards and Crusaders are the prime contenders. Pards have a significant edge.Rams a wild card. They should score a lot but will there be any D? Not real likely.🤷‍♂️ Gate could be solid? Enough to challenge???
Hoyas lost much of their best. Perhaps not a cupcake,but not a challenger either. Bison seem to have hit a wall. There is some talent but not much confidence yet. Instilling that into a team is toughest hurdle in a rebuild. Bison should no longer be in rebuild mode.
Lehigh. Army game could make or break us. Up to us and how we perform. I expect another roller coaster year. Not only game to game but series to series . 🥺😏
My annual ritual... do we have a competent OL?
As far as the OL is concerned does anyone know if Jablonski (55) or Wiles (66) is coming back? I felt that their play and leadership really helped turned OL around in the second half of the year.
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Thu May 02, 2024 3:18 pm

Jablonski and Wiles are both gone but Padezenin and Gena return as 5th years to provide the experience. Curatola also has a lot of experience.
PittHawk75

Post by PittHawk75 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:31 pm

Losing jablonski and wiles is a negative for the oline, they carried a depleted oline last year and are nasty players we need to compete in this league.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri May 03, 2024 10:22 am

PittHawk75 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:31 pm Losing jablonski and wiles is a negative for the oline, they carried a depleted oline last year and are nasty players we need to compete in this league.
True. Particularly Jablonski. But,getting Padezanin back is our key. We will lack experienced depth but the first 5 can be very good. Burden is on OL coaches to.field a cohesive OL that can pass block.