VILLANOVA AT LEHIGH LINE

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
datruph

VILLANOVA AT LEHIGH LINE

Post by datruph » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Odds are placing Villy at 13 1/2 point favorites with a 56 1/2 over/under. Despite big scores in the past with these two teams I take the under. With Villanova being able to put pressure on qb with 3 down lineman I see a game exactly like last week. Dom, Dom and more Dom. We will see if our defense is real. I think it is!!! I will take the points with Lehigh and see the game 28-24. I do agree with posters that it would be nice to see Dom and Allen in the same backfield. I do think that Lehigh will try to air it out initially because we have been able to do this in the past against Villanova but will migrate back to run,run,run. I know Lehigh fans dont like run,run,run but I have a feeling this week it will happen again. I do think our secondary will limit some of the Villanova passing game but the real answer on this game will be in the trenches. If Villy gets pressure on us with 3 down it could be a long day....

van

Re: VILLANOVA AT LEHIGH LINE

Post by van » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:44 pm

game notes are up, no changes that I saw in 2 deep, this week we will find out what kind of team we really have
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Checked our 2 deep is correct. The one sent to Nova was the preseason 2 deep. Interesting to see who moved up tho.

Agree we will try to be more run centric. Partly to help D and partly because OL can pick up run assignments quicker than pass blocking. Try to keep Brad healthy.
Doc Qb had a very astute breakdown of SFU over on AGS. He keys on our CBs.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:24 am

Line as of this morning has dropped to 9. I thought 15.5 was pretty generous. 9 is surprising.
mookie

Post by mookie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Let's get serious this game will not be close. Villanova by at least 30.