Nova 31. Lehigh. 9

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: Nova 31. Lehigh. 9

Post by RichH » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Sadly doubt it will be next week either.
I see your point. Dont think the gap is that large. Which surprises me a bit. D kept us in the game. Losing Brad early hurt. With this year's D and last years O we win.
Nova has a very very good D. They could stuff the box to stop run and still cover our receivers. Christiano and Portorreal are very good slots. Bibbens calmed down and was OK. OK also for Sassha and Bianchini all good receivers . But not much of a deep threat to be had. Only once did I see a receiver get some separation going deep.
Ah well, the key is the OL. Brad had little time to pass. True Nova DL is likely the best , absent Navy, we'll see this year. Nova QB is nothing special not compared to Brad.
If OL can get healthy and a few games under their belt, it will get better as will the O.
We used to use pass to set up run. Now we use run qlto set up pass. Perhaps we should go back to pass first.

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:06 am

RichH wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm I see your point. Dont think the gap is that large. Which surprises me a bit. D kept us in the game. ... With this year's D and last years O we win.
Agreed that "With this year's D and last years O we win." The reality seems stars have to align for LU or other PL teams to beat top FCS programs. The dollar and academic deck is stacked against our programs more than ever.

Colgate beat UNH yesterday, but I don't think UNH is, at this stage of the game, the playoff team it's been the past few years.
datruph

Post by datruph » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:57 pm

UGH
datruph

Post by datruph » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 pm

RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:06 am
RichH wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm I see your point. Dont think the gap is that large. Which surprises me a bit. D kept us in the game. ... With this year's D and last years O we win.
Agreed that "With this year's D and last years O we win." The reality seems stars have to align for LU or other PL teams to beat top FCS programs. The dollar and academic deck is stacked against our programs more than ever.

Colgate beat UNH yesterday, but I don't think UNH is, at this stage of the game, the playoff team it's been the past few years.
At this point, no one in the PL is capable of good OOC performsnce vs decent teams.. Gate has the best shot.
As a league none of us hit the bricks running with recruiting. Getting better the last few years but we need at least 2 more good classes. Even then PL will still be disadvantaged by schollie max and no redshirting.
For Lehigh this year's recruiting class is vital. We lose a lot of talentvand bodies. This clas has to be at least as good preferably better than the last 2 years.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 pm

CSJ: Lehigh’s Yardstick Game Against Villanova Details Work To Be Done for Mountain Hawks To Compete With Top Teams in FCS

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/l ... ms-in-fbs/

Morning Call: Bragalone-less Lehigh can't match Villanova firepower, falls 31-9

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-spt-vill ... story.html