Navy game

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
datruph

Navy game

Post by datruph » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Offense has not looked good for Lehigh yet? Including fall scrimmage. This week isnt a great week to reverse this trend. Navy defense is very big physically but have given up a lot of yards. I just do not know where our offense is going at this point. We have played two 3-4 defenses and haven't exposed this defense deep. We must keep taking shots deep to get them off our wo's. The 3-4 relies heavily on gap responsibilities and is vulnerable off the guards. I do not think Navy will play a 3-4 against us because they are simply more athletic then us and can play whatever fits there defensive make up. Navy's team speed on offense is going destroy our slower moving defense. A rainy day will hope slow Navy down a little but will also make it hard for us to throw. I hope we can keep it close but I do not see that happening. Our offense isnt clicking and our defense has there hands full. The good thing is both teams will be keeping it on the ground if it is raining and that keeps the clock ticking. 46-9 Navy. If we can stay healthy this is a great experience and I wish Lehigh would schedule more teams like Rutgers, Syracuse in the future. If we keep running from the big dogs we will never be able to join the pack...We are soft!!! We do need some ass-kickings and some kids coming off the field pissed-off to really see if we have any ballers on the team. This is football right???? We win the Patriot league then get drilled first round. Makes no sense to me. Its because we play a soft schedule. I do realize we are on different levels of recruiting but regardless, I do think we need to man up. WE NEED TO PLAY A LITTLE MORE STREET FOOTBALL. I know what I am saying will get blasted of this forum and thats the problem...WE ARE SOFT...The kids that go to Lehigh are great academically but are very soft on the field...Like it or not, its datruph!!!

RichH

Re: Navy game

Post by RichH » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Some perspectivevon SFU and Nova before we meet Navy.

Watched SFU vs UR tonite. SFU for most of the game. UR pulled it out 35-27,with seconds left in game. UR has lost to UVA and curb stomped Fodham. In othervwords a good CAA team. SFU was the better playing team for most of the game. A back and forth battle with the edge to SFU.. We beat SFU. They are a very good team. We lost to a top 10 team in Nova. Navy will beat us.If we come out of the game healthy and better. It will serve us well going forward.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 am

My wise-ass comment of the week in honor of some of the past and long-gone posters on this board:

"Does FCS have a running clock?"

I just hope everyone stays healthy.

Navy 42-17.

Good news is Navy likes to run so clock will run anyway. (Only 19 passes in two games.) Bad news is it runs pretty well.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 am

:D There have been times when a running clock would have been really really appreciated..
We play hard and smart for all pf this game. If we can do that and come out healthy,, I will be pleased.
phillychuck

Post by phillychuck » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:50 pm

I really don't mind getting pummeled by Navy so much...they're pretty good and half our team is hurt. But Brad Mayes HAS to go. He has the worst attitude I've ever seen in a Lehigh player. He's always exasperated with his teammates (who admittedly make lots of mistakes, but, dude, c'mon, be a leader). He has worse body language than Phillip Rivers. I would rather have bamboo shoots placed under my fingernails than play for this guy as my QB. No surprise they are not playing well.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Pummeled we are. Brad having a bad day. Out of sync it seems. Mayes angry at hjmself more than than anyone else. There are more than enough mistakes to spread around the O.
Not really upset with D. They have hustled and hit all game. Perry is just that good.
van

Post by van » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:13 pm

D got worn down pretty badly late in the game, what is happening with our O, guys just don't seem focused, way too may errors, would have been much more competitive without the turnovers and glaring errors
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:34 pm

My guess they were trying to play faster to match Navy's game. Thar led to a lot of mistakes. It may serve us well tho vs Penn if we can carry over even just a little bit of that game speed.
QBdad

Post by QBdad » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 pm

phillychuck wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:50 pm I really don't mind getting pummeled by Navy so much...they're pretty good and half our team is hurt. But Brad Mayes HAS to go. He has the worst attitude I've ever seen in a Lehigh player. He's always exasperated with his teammates (who admittedly make lots of mistakes, but, dude, c'mon, be a leader). He has worse body language than Phillip Rivers. I would rather have bamboo shoots placed under my fingernails than play for this guy as my QB. No surprise they are not playing well.
Oh man how I've missed this forum. Haven't been on here in awhile. Thought this was a great opportunity to give my personal opinion as Philly Chuck did above. Although I really don't have to say much. Philly Chuck said it all, especially in his first sentence. "I really don't mind getting pummeled..." Exactly Chuck that is the frigin problem right there. My son hates losing. Absolutely hates it. He is a passionate player and an emotional player. He has his share of mistakes and like Rich said, no one gets more mad at Brad than Brad. But for you to say that he HAS to go just proves that you're a dumbass. He's one of the best QB's in the country who just so happens to wear his emotions on his sleeve. He cares and wants to win every play, every quarter and every game. You want him to go around hugging everyone when they make mistakes? I suppose you were given a trophy growing up even when you came in last place. Give me a break. I will take a QB that gives a crap and wants to win all the time and is super competitive over whatever rah rah frigin cheerleader you want behind center. By the way, as I have said in the past, if you would like to talk more in person, I will be at the Fordham game. Would love to meet you and talk more about my son.

Since the forum allowed your post Philly Chuck, I hope they show the same consideration and allow my post in response.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Post not going anywhere Dad.. No L is fun. We got beat by a better team. D played hard and did a lot of good things. Perry is just that good. O also played hard bottom line tho they could not match Navy's game speed. Learn from this and be better next week.