PRINCETON

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: PRINCETON

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:02 pm

A reasonable soapbox. Change for the sake of change rarely,if ever , works as hoped. Admit, I have mixed feelings here. Is this just one of Andy's cycles or is it a sign of an issue with Andy or a wider pictire of the current state of PL football. Possibly a combination of all 3.
What should be done or, for that matter, not done. I dont know.
What I do see is a team that is 1-9 in our OOC schedule. PL titles do not erase that. I also see a HC who has apparently become less involved . Is that actually so?
What bothers me the most is our team's seeming surrender vs Princeton.
Lots of questions no definite answers. I do feel that actions must be taken both here and with the PL to address the current status of our team and the PL.

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm

We are not 'behind the scene", but currently our perception of what is occurring warrants looking into. I would hope Sterrett is doing that. One has to see some major issues in the way the team is no performing and the coach not perceived to be reacting to the problem. We certainly do not want Nero fiddling while Rome burns. Maybe the issue is more league-wide as all, except Colgate for the moment, appear affected. Is the loss of the two OL that significant at this point? If we have that much of a drop-off from starter to backup then our recruiting has not been as good as advertised. Are our coaches improving the development of the players or just going with the flow? We may win the next 6 games and finish 7-4 at which point we need to ask if this is the new normal? If we end up 2-9, then we have major problems.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info, LFNAdmin. I appreciate the time you took to put together that good info.

You made some great points, but maybe I missed something ...

We have a friend playing JV at a DIII school, and I'm aware if some DII schools that have them (along with a million kids on their roster).

I just checked out Bryant University -- NEC, right? They have a four-game (I think) JV schedule and 119 (!) folks on what looked like a combined roster (not to mention a 4-1 record).

https://www.bryantbulldogs.com/sports/f ... -19/roster

Not sure how they pull that off, but it would seem some kind of feeder program would work at LU (like it did when we had a JV program in the 1980s and before).
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Sundsy. Most all of the NEC rosters are over 100.. Very reminiscent of our rosters pre schollie.
LUFBPhan

Post by LUFBPhan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Did that article really say “defense will be improved”? We are not losing these game by two touchdowns, where our defense could be blamed. WE CANT SCORE! We Couldn’t even get close enough to kick a FG in Princeton. Sure our defense can use some work but is he ignoring the painfully obvious that our offense is lousy and how many darn times can you run Brags? Our passing game is non existent. And Why is our QB sitting on our defense bemch away from offensive players when defense is on the field? Why do we wait till last 5 minutes to put in back up Qb? Give the kid a chance, couldn’t have done much harm. There’s much more going on than what we know. Have a feeling there’s some internal conflict and a lack of respect among players
datruph

Post by datruph » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 am

lubfphan. I totally agree with your comments. These kids have never had there jobs threatened so why play hard. Entitlement is the problem. Many before have complained about it. There is something deeply wrong!!! AGREED
HawkForLife

Post by HawkForLife » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 am

AGREE THAT ENTITLEMENT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM. THERE ISNT ONE KID AFRAID OF LOSING HIS JOB, AND THAT WAS APPARENT ON SATURDAY. THE DEFENSIVE COACHES WITH "SUT" AT THE HELM ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN WITH COACH "BOT." DEFENSE STINKS, AND NO ADJUSTMENTS? THIS TEAM IS WAITING FOR THE SEASON TO END.
LUFBPhan

Post by LUFBPhan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

What’s expected of defense? They’re on the field way too much cause offense goes 3 and out ( ok a few first downs). But surely defense being constantly on the field and O not scoring has to cause some mental and physical wear and tear on Defense
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:24 pm

No doubt at all.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 pm

The entitlement comment is like the Dr. Ford accusations...no foundation in truth, no evidence.