PRINCETON

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
mookie

Re: PRINCETON

Post by mookie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Odd nobody posts anything about the elephant in the room. Even after Princeton wins by 30 most will continue to ignore it.

RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Thread is about Princeton game mookie. Noone is ignoring the game. Your elephant is a topic that may be relevant at the end of the year. No doubt it will be a major topic for Sterrett if its a losing season with some WTF PL games thrown in.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Agree with Rich H ...

Elephants are never forgotten when there are consistent blowouts (even against good teams) and losing records. We're not there ... yet ... this season.

Give these guys a chance.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 am

Agreed. It is apparent this year's OOC schedule is tougher than last years. So the real measuring stick will be when league play starts. If we run the PL table, or go 5-1, with a close loss to Colgate, then there will be no blatant basis to make major changes. If 'playing up' in the OOC makes you better for the league competition, then so be it. I remember several years ago when people suggested Lehigh 'schedule up' like Colgate was, despite usually losing the early OOC games, because it made them tougher for the league run. So we run 'nova, Navy, Penn and Princeton--all good and highly skilled teams. IF if made us better going into league play, then okay. Remember a few years back we went 10-1 and didn't make the play offs because of a weak OOC schedule? Well, here we are. Two years of losing OOC and two PL championships. People mutter, and I do, too, about not being on a par with the OOC teams lately. But that is bed we made with going with the new system of scholarships and smaller rosters and no redshirting. As a whole, Lehigh and its alums likes to see themselves as 'over-achievers', and when we don't always succeed it is frustrating. I prefer to see us take on challenges rather than get fat on cupcakes.
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 am

Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction of Princeton Game:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.co ... kdown.html
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:48 am

LFN is quite optimistic.

I'm not.

I'll take Lehigh and 15. Could be long day for D, and consequently O if Brags can't get 125+.
datruph

Post by datruph » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 am

31-17 Princeton. Our offense is terrible. I do not think Lovett is an accurate thrower but he is a good tough runner. I think with our lame offense going 3 and out a lot this game it will take its toll on the defense. Unless Kashurba finds a way to shut down the qb run we do not have a chance. If we force this guy to throw under pressure he will throw some pix. I hope we run some screens and we take some shots down field. They do have an active d-line which usually means doom for our offense. Get the ball out quick and establish the run will help but once Princeton adjusts we will not have an answer...GO LEHIGH...
rayric

Post by rayric » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:03 pm

I only gonna ask one question WHEN, we have opened the door to recruit high profile kids to be able to compete in my eyes this program has gone backward!!!! WHEN!!!!
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:50 pm

ngineer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 am Agreed. It is apparent this year's OOC schedule is tougher than last years. So the real measuring stick will be when league play starts. If we run the PL table, or go 5-1, with a close loss to Colgate, then there will be no blatant basis to make major changes. If 'playing up' in the OOC makes you better for the league competition, then so be it.
Except for Navy, how is this year's OOC schedule playing up? One NEC, one CAA, two Ivies. Seems like a ridiculous excuse to rationalize another pathetic performance. Can't wait to hear the excuses next with a less than daunting OOC schedule.😠😠😠
By the way, given how bad the league is, how do you judge how well these drubbings have prepared them for games among the sisters of the poor?
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm writing with 5:13 left, 59-7.

Announcers:

"Princeton is almost getting a first time every times in run the ball it seems."

"It doesn't matter who's in the game."

I've watched most of this game and wouldn't even know how to break down this game.

I can't remember an era where Lehigh has been blown out this many times. ...

Now ... another touchdown when we had two DBs missing tackles on one receiver, 66-7. Last time Princeton scored 66 was week one vs. Williams (now D3) in 1950, announcer said.

Princeton now has 733 total yards with 4:09 left, most ever.

Princeton has a great team. I still have hope for LU in PL, but this has been ugly (massive understatement).

Good to see Monaco get a crack. Nice run, cut by Buskirk.