Fordham

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
CHIP72

Re: Fordham

Post by CHIP72 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am

I don't follow Lehigh football as closely as most of you, but it sure seems like Lehigh needs to make a coaching change after this season. When a team plays as uninspired as Lehigh has in most of its games this season and the coach has been there for a while, it definitely gives the impression the team is tuning out the coach's (and perhaps coaches') message.

One other thought - even though IMO changes need to be made, things at this point are nowhere near bad enough to warrant dropping the program to D3 or dropping it entirely.

Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 am

Ultimately, this is going to become a self fulfilling prophecy. Mediocrity is going to continue the downward spiral. Lehigh’s success should have led it to being THE destination of choice in the PL. Given the state of the program, it is difficult to imagine this being the case going forward. Can you say Lafayette? Coen = Tavavi. Each had their ups, but when the downs become habitual, time for a change!

A new high energy coach is needed. Someone who is passionate about success. Andy looks like and more importantly acts like someone who needs to be put out of his misery. His halftime and post game interviews are down right depressing. He has little insights and admits that he doesn’t know how to motivate the players. That says it all.

Prediction: There will be more Colgate fans than LU fans at the game in a few weeks. I’m a season ticket holder and I’m finding it impossible to come up with a reason to give up a Saturday to watch another debacle.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:15 am

Yes, my feelings yesterday in the stands was "Now I know how my "friends" at Laughyette felt as they watched Tavani go through the motions for several years, oblivious to the mayhem around him and serving up the usual 'coach speak' drivel about how we "competed". There needs to be a plan instituted now for next year. Remember the seven P's of life: "Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance".
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:51 am

RE: the Lafayette references in the two previous posts - I was tempted in my post above to say Lehigh has increasingly been implementing Andysaurus scheming techniques.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:57 am

The. Numbers

Lehigh
13.67 ppg
603 rpg
1132 ppg
289.2 TO
Opponents
40. ppg
1557 rpg
1498 ppg
509.2 TO

Not pretty.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm

As bad as it is for LU, poor St. Francis must be thinking WTF! 😩
Last edited by Hawkineer on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayric

Post by rayric » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:35 pm

If people remember when Kevin Higgins took over his first years were not so great BUT Kevin was a motivater he progressed and he had the kids believing they could run through a wall. Boy I sure miss those Kevin Higgins days
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Higgins was a disaster at The Citadel.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Between 1963-1967, Lehigh was 4-40-1 under legendary coaches Bill Leckonby and Fred Dunlap. Had we abandoned football or moved down, we would have missed McQuilken Rizzo, Hill and the National Championship and a whole lot of PL Championships and playoff wins.

I not so fondly remember the 1973-1975 basketball seasons when Lehigh went 4-44. Had we done something radical we would have missed the Queenan/Polaha era. From 1995-1997, we went 5-49. In 2001-2002, we were 5-23. I sure would have hated missing CJ and the win over Duke.

Yes, this season has been horrible. Yes, the needs to be a shakeup when the season ends. But all this this gibberish about abandoning football or dropping down to Div III really isn't helpful.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:27 pm

LU can’t drop to D-III and maintain the other sports as D-I. They aren’t going to drop down in sports like basketball, soccer, lacrosse, etc. They aren’t going to drop football. Alumni would revolt. It is a signature sport.
That is why I never believed LC was going to drop to D-III and throw away the rivalry. So any such talk is gibberish.

Two years ago we were 9-2 and swept the Ivies and PL. This is fixable just not with the current staff. I agree that the university has to fund the program to secure and retain at least high level HC and coordinators. If it needs to be thrifty, do it with the position coaches.