Fordham

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Fordham

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 am

Notes up
Christiano still out. Dambach and Jordan moved up.
Still musical chairs on OL. Riccotilli dropped to 2. Evans and Rosen at Gs.
No change on D.

Rams are a bit worse than us. Conlin has switched O to a much less wide open O. More pound and ground. Note they are averaging about 24 yds per game running.

LU808

Re: Fordham

Post by LU808 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Tough year from both Fordham and Lehigh...."Battle of the Has Beens"
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 pm

I think it is fair to say that this game is a must-win for Lehigh if they merely want to have a poor season rather than a dreadful season. The Rams look like they are even worse than the Mountain Hawks.

Meanwhile, to add to Fordham fans' misery, Joe Moorhead's Mississippi State team ran over Auburn this past weekend. (One of my brothers is in a doctoral program at Mississippi State right now, so I pay attention to what the Bulldogs are doing. Incidentally, I'll be visiting him in early November and we plan to attend the Mississippi State/Alabama game in Tuscaloosa on Saturday 11/10. Tuscaloosa is only about 80 miles, a little less than a 1 1/2 hour drive, from Starkville.)
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:19 pm

I've got a buddy who went to MSU who is a big fan. He gets me to watch some of their games. You should be in for a treat. Very good ballclub.
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:19 pm I've got a buddy who went to MSU who is a big fan. He gets me to watch some of their games. You should be in for a treat. Very good ballclub.
Yeah, I saw Mississippi State football play each of the last two seasons (both against Mississippi in the Egg Bowl, in Oxford in 2016 and in Starkville last year). MSU QB Nick Fitzgerald is kind of similar to guys like Tim Tebow, Robert Griffin, and Michael Vick - good athlete, very good runner, and an erratic passer who needs to run effectively to set up his passing.

Incidentally, I also have seen three Mississippi State basketball games in Starkville during those two visits, including the game against Lehigh a couple seasons ago (which the Mountain Hawks won solidly).
Leaderatbirth98

Post by Leaderatbirth98 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 pm

This weekend the team will bounce back, look for big games from Dom and Brad. The defense will be better and we will start to defend the Patriot crown again this year. Out of conference is rough yearly but the boys will take care of business.
mookie

Post by mookie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Will I have trouble getting a ticket to the Fordham game? Very concerned due to the playoff implications that this could be a sell out.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:09 pm

"This weekend the team will bounce back, look for big games from Dom and Brad. The defense will be better and we will start to defend the Patriot crown again this year. Out of conference is rough yearly but the boys will take care of business".

From your lips to God's ears!
datruph

Post by datruph » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Fordham is terrible...I would hope that we bounce back!!! We keep settling for Patriot league titles and thats not what Div 1 athletes are about. We should have our hopes set on a Natl Title every year. Call me crazy but if your going to dance why not find the prettiest girl. We continue to settle and this forum group is all about justifying mediocrity. Being average gets you a decent job, a nice family and all the other things in life that are average...being great gets you the CEO of the company, a family with over-achieving kids and the prom queen. You get one run at college sports, why settle...It makes no sense...with Fordham, Georgetown, Holy Cross and Bucknell on the horizon by late Oct when the cold winds blow all Lehigh fans will be saying we got a chance to beat Colgate. No chance. We will end the season with a win over Lafayette and everybody will say decent season. The scholarship flaws are real...but how do we over-come the issues? I want enthusiasm...I want somebody doing a back-flip just once when this offense finally navigates itself to the end-zone. I want somebody pointing there finger at the other team on a great hit. I want shoulder bumps. I want the coaches to have a pulse on the sideline. I want the kids to show they want to be there and they are having fun. I want a back-up to beat out a starter. I want competition. Most of all, I JUST WANT THE TEAM TO WANT TO WIN...I think 90 percent dont care. Thats a coaching thing...You instill the desire to over-achieve with great practices and coaches who will chew ass on the so-called stars of the team as well as the back-ups. I just want to WIN...Im just speaking datruph...sorry for the rant...
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:55 pm

Boys gonna bounce back?

My bold prediction: 31-17
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx