Fordham

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
mookie

Re: Fordham

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 am

Bowling Green fired their football coach Mike Jinks yesterday. The firing is well earned. Jinks went 7-24, including 2-10 last year and 1-6 to start this year. The Falcons are really bad. They clocked in at No. 128 out of 130 FBS teams in the post-Week 7 S&P+ ranking.

rayric

Post by rayric » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Some coaches are good but that does not mean they are a head coach. Sometimes head coaches have to make tough decisions and really think this is were Andy might have some problems. I can honestly say I don't think Andy has surrounded himself with a good set of coaches. Coaches like coach K and Dave C what you have now is a bunch of div 3 coaches using lehigh as a stepping stone just my take!!!!
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:59 pm

The vast majority of our coaches have come from D2 and 3. A good number from Lehigh and the balance from Ivies , FCS and FBS. The mere fact that they come from a lower division does not stamp thrm as bad. The failure to succedd is the test. IMO, the coaches now on staff are competent overall. A few are very good. The results have not been at all good. The problem may be that some of these men are teaching the right lessons but they are just not getting thru to the players. Evident from Andy's postgame comment that the issues had been fixed during practice but reappeared in game. The messages are not getting thru.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm

RichH wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:59 pm The failure to succedd is the test. IMO, the coaches now on staff are competent overall. A few are very good. The results have not been at all good. The problem may be that some of these men are teaching the right lessons but they are just not getting thru to the players. Evident from Andy's postgame comment that the issues had been fixed during practice but reappeared in game. The messages are not getting thru.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Huh? Competent overall? Very good? Teaching the right lessons? Lessons not getting through! Messages not getting through! I did not see this coming.

Is there any other way to interpret this than its the players? If the coaches are competent overall with a few being very good and they are teaching the right lessons, how can it be anything other than the players aren't capable of understanding the lessons and messages?

It can't be motivation because coaches that are competent overall with a few being very good should certainly have the skill set to motivate the players.

By the way, is it at all possible that the issues are fixed during practice but reappeared in game because the awful offense is going against an awful defense. In other words, the measuring stick might be a bit skewed.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm

You are probably right Hawkineer that practice with bad vs bad does little to show players have gotten the message. My point is that the results on the field show that the players are still making same mistakes game after game. Good coaches get fired every year. The issue I see is that the players are not learning to correct the mistakes. That is on the coaches. They have to find a way of teaching that gets results. Often happens that players no longer actually absorb what coaches say. They need new voices. Here there may be a number of reasons for our failures this year but coaching seems to be right near the top of that list.
Hawk. I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 pm

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired defensive coordinator Mike Smith on Monday, one day after a 34-29 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
Chehreh

Post by Chehreh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:05 pm

The keyboard warriors kill me.. it's the seniors, it's the coaches, players feel entitled, it's this it's that.. how about it's a freaking down year.. suck it up buttercups, football has it's ups and downs. Your OL is pretty young, offense isn't syncing well, defense is getting worn down, your secondary is also missing key players. It's going to be rough 4 games. The Boys will get through and maybe just maybe you can find a way to encourage them believe me they want to win they don't enjoy losing anymore than we enjoy watching it.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm

CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Temple was favored by 7 points on the road in that game against Navy and ended up winning by 7 points after trailing at halftime. (Incidentally, I attended that game.)
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Lehigh needs him but he's priced out of the Patriot League. He makes somewhere around $600,000.