Hoyas

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Hawkineer

Re: Hoyas

Post by Hawkineer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 pm

It seems like the tenor of this board has changed dramatically regarding Coen's future. Based on all of the recent posts, it seems like the consensus is a new head coach, for whatever reason, is a foregone conclusion. So, much so that names are being thrown around. Does anyone see a scenario where this is not the case and Coen is back next year?

RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Hawkineer wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 pm It seems like the tenor of this board has changed dramatically regarding Coen's future. Based on all of the recent posts, it seems like the consensus is a new head coach, for whatever reason, is a foregone conclusion. So, much so that names are being thrown around. Does anyone see a scenario where this is not the case and Coen is back next year?
Not any rational scenario. Perhaps if we win out and O comes alive. Does anyone see that as a possibility?
We may win Pard game. Will that be enough? I dont think so. Andy's record may bye him time . His behavior this season and last militates against continuing this situation. There is no doubt that the current Andy is not the same as the guy who came here from Penn. He hasnt been that guy at least since Yankee Stadium. I dont know why. I dont think the why actually matters anymore. Is who he is now the man to fix this situation? That is the sole issue facing Sterrett.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 pm

I think Cecchini has done a heck of a job in the wasteland known as Valpo. Very similar t what faced Fred Dunlap in 1965 when he arrived here. Took him until 1971 to have his first winning season, but he set the foundation for what we have seen for the past 47 years. Should certainly be a serious consideration. Folmar also a rising start in FCS, though not as certain as to what he brings to the table as an HC. Bring in 'Chick" in with Phil Stambaugh as OC would be very interesting, since Chick was the OC when Stambaugh was the QB leading those great teams in the late 90's.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 am

ngineer wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 pm I think Cecchini has done a heck of a job in the wasteland known as Valpo. Very similar t what faced Fred Dunlap in 1965 when he arrived here. Took him until 1971 to have his first winning season, but he set the foundation for what we have seen for the past 47 years. Should certainly be a serious consideration. Folmar also a rising start in FCS, though not as certain as to what he brings to the table as an HC. Bring in 'Chick" in with Phil Stambaugh as OC would be very interesting, since Chick was the OC when Stambaugh was the QB leading those great teams in the late 90's.
Coen's time as OC coincided exactly with Stambaugh's time at QB, 1996 through the 1999 season. When Coen left for Penn following the 1999 season I'm not sure who the OC was for Higgins final year. I don't think it was Cecchini though. Dave left Lehigh following the 2002 season to become the OC at Harvard. I'm not sure if he technically ever held the title of OC during his first stint at Lehigh.