Hoyas

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
QBdad

Re: Hoyas

Post by QBdad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm

LUFBPhan wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 pm #4 ( since we can’t say names or positions) is not getting the job done right now and hasnt all year. Who are we kidding. Nothing will change until we change the offense.
You want to say names on here? Let's start with yours.

rayric

Post by rayric » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm

I totally agree Joe needs to make a decision
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 pm

mookie wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 pm Huge mistake if they bring in a retread. Should consider a bigger name someone like Rich Rodriquez from Arizona.
Im sure Rich Rod would jump at the idea of a FCS job after Clemson, WV, Michigan, Arizona...wow. Better yet, let's hire a guy straight out of the high school ranks who has ZERO college coaching experience. Common sense...look at top D3 HCs or top FCS coordinators. Folmar would be a home run if he could be hired.
Last edited by LUFAN on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Calling out individual players just wrong. Don't do it.

The paid professionals(coaches and administrators), that's different.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 pm

LUFAN wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 pm
mookie wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 pm Huge mistake if they bring in a retread. Should consider a bigger name someone like Rich Rodriquez from Arizona.
Im sure Rich Rod would jump at the idea of a FCS job after Clemson, WV, Michigan, Arizona...wow. Better yet, let's hire a guy straight out of the high school ranks who has ZERO college coaching experience. Common sense...look at top D3 HCs or top FCS coordinators. Folmar would be a home run if he could be hired.
Folmar would have to be a strong candidate. Young, creative offensive mind that has the right experiences at the right places.

If you want to go for a "big name" there's one that makes sense in an outside of the box way, Al Golden. His ideology would jive well with the Lehigh administration and he can recruit the hell out of NJ and PA. He's currently the LB coach for the Detroit Lions. He's made plenty of money so that wouldn't be an issue. A reach obviously but a creative reach imo.

Is Keeler sick of Texas yet? Maybe he and Sterrett could raise some hell at the PL offices to lift some of the restrictions.

If Sterrett is still all in on the program there's no reason Lehigh can't hit a homerun. This is the premier job in the PL and it's not close imo. It's still better than several CAA gigs.
Last edited by Go Lehigh TU Owl on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 pm
Folmar would have to be strong candidate imo. Young, creative offensive mind that has the right experiences at the right places.

If you want to go for a "big name" there's one that makes sense in an outside of the box way, Al Golden. His mentality would jive well with the Lehigh administration and he can recruit the hell out of NJ and PA. He's currently the LB coach for the Detroit Lions. He's made plenty of money so that wouldn't be an issue. A reach obviously but a creative reach imo.

Is Keeler sick of Texas yet? Maybe he and Sterrett could raise some hell at the PL offices to lift some the restrictions.
Keeler? The most hated man in Delaware. He definitely doesnt like rules or academic standards. A good HC . Kinda skaky human being at least according to UD fans.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 pm

RichH wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 pm
Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Folmar would have to be strong candidate imo. Young, creative offensive mind that has the right experiences at the right places.

If you want to go for a "big name" there's one that makes sense in an outside of the box way, Al Golden. His mentality would jive well with the Lehigh administration and he can recruit the hell out of NJ and PA. He's currently the LB coach for the Detroit Lions. He's made plenty of money so that wouldn't be an issue. A reach obviously but a creative reach imo.

Is Keeler sick of Texas yet? Maybe he and Sterrett could raise some hell at the PL offices to lift some the restrictions.
Keeler? The most hated man in Delaware. He definitely doesnt like rules or academic standards. A good HC . Kinda skaky human being at least according to UD fans.
Keeler was a little tongue-cheek...lol. He would literally try to go to war with the PL office imo. To be fair i'm not sure what all to believe from his time at UD. It's not like he was running an Urban Meyer era Florida. His love for transfers was his biggest knock. His name did surface for the Temple job two years ago.

If the job does indeed open up and I'd aim high first. I really would. I think you might be able to pull in a HC from another FCS school or a darn good FBS assistant. It really depends on how of a ceiling people think Lehigh has. Is there any legitimate chance the PL will loosen some of the reigns? Do you want a guy who is likely to jump ship in 3-5 years or do want a potential 10-15 year guy?
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 pm

As good as we can be, this is still the PL. Not a destination for many. My preference is the very best HC we can hire. I dont need a lifer. If we get one great but its not a job requirement.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 pm

RichH wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 pm As good as we can be, this is still the PL. Not a destination for many. My preference is the very best HC we can hire. I dont need a lifer. If we get one great but its not a job requirement.
The PL right now is obviously terrible but Colgate and Lehigh have proven over and over they can field quality, nationally relevant teams within its confines. I'm hopeful they'll be some concessions made (expanded roster sizes?). Even so, Colgate is REALLY good this year. Just like Fordham was in 2013 and Lehigh was in 2011. Besides those 3 teams Fordham in 2014/2015 and Lehigh in 2016 were pretty comparable in the scholarship era, top 25. In 2015 Colgate had a rather ho-hum 7-4 regular season yet won 2 playoff games against the CAA. Yes it's the PL and yes it's horrific right now but that's mostly a result of institutional or coaching ineptness.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 pm
RichH wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 pm As good as we can be, this is still the PL. Not a destination for many. My preference is the very best HC we can hire. I dont need a lifer. If we get one great but its not a job requirement.
The PL right now is obviously terrible but Colgate and Lehigh have proven over and over they can field quality, nationally relevant teams within its confines. I'm hopeful they'll be some concessions made (expanded roster sizes?). Even so, Colgate is REALLY good this year. Just like Fordham was in 2013 and Lehigh was in 2011. Besides those 3 teams Fordham in 2014/2015 and Lehigh in 2016 were pretty comparable in the scholarship era, top 25. In 2015 Colgate won 2 playoff games against the CAA. Yes it's the PL and yes it's horrific right now but that's mostly a result of institutional or coaching ineptness.
Absolutely true. Said a good while back that we need to fix our PL before it can become a destination for expansion or really top level experienced coaches who will consider coming or staying here..For right now lets get the best up and comers we can and work on moving the Council to act.