Hoyas

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
mookie

Re: Hoyas

Post by mookie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 pm

This is not fair to Andy. He clearly is not of the right mind to carry on. His health is more important than wins or losses.

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:32 pm

If you haven't seen it, AC's post-game interview at the bottom of this ...

https://lehighsports.com/news/2018/10/2 ... h=football
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Once was too often. :oops:
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Hawkineer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm Andy happy with the way team competed and his request for them to play hard with excitement. Now they're just jinxed. :geek: :geek: :geek: What coach actually says such stupid $hit!!!

Georgetown stinks. They aren't any better than when we were demolishing them for the past two decades. We have unfortunately sunk below them as the PL doormat.

Lehigh doesn't win another game. This is a 1-10 season that really should be an 0-11 season. Worst in my lifetime. If Sterrett brings back Coen, I don't give a cent to the school until this mess is fixed. If they don't care, why should I?

Like Bucknell says every fall, when does wrestling start?
fixed it for ya!
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Yes, I saw the post game interview. I have empathy for Coen, because it does seem that something has changed with him the last few years. Forgetful, alot; doesn't seem engaged on the sidelines. I think Sterrett needs to have a real heart to heart, but, unfortunately, he has to do what's best for the program as it impacts the University. Regardless of what people think about athletic's place in the University's scheme of things, it is by far the highest budgeted extra curricular activity and bring media attention to the school. While wrestling my be the most "traditional" sport for which the University is known, football still has the most attendance on an average per game basis (exceptions noted for large wrestling crowds at PPL and Stabler which can skew). When the wrestling program took a dive in the early 90's, the BOT stepped in (along with major donors) and corrected the slide because it is our 'flagship' sport. But football is not far behind in terms of exposure, only because more people follow football than wrestling. Note, there has been no hue and cry about the field hockey team. Something needs to be done.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Now now lets not quibble. We have 2 nationally ranked teams to look forward to in Wrestling and Lax. And Bball is picked to win the PL
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:49 pm

ngineer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 pm
Hawkineer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm Andy happy with the way team competed and his request for them to play hard with excitement. Now they're just jinxed. :geek: :geek: :geek: What coach actually says such stupid $hit!!!

Georgetown stinks. They aren't any better than when we were demolishing them for the past two decades. We have unfortunately sunk below them as the PL doormat.

Lehigh doesn't win another game. This is a 1-10 season that really should be an 0-11 season. Worst in my lifetime. If Sterrett brings back Coen, I don't give a cent to the school until this mess is fixed. If they don't care, why should I?

Like Bucknell says every fall, when does wrestling start?
fixed it for ya!
Based on what looks like a very difficult schedule, I'm not sure how good a dual meet season they are going to have. Regardless, it's always about the EIWAs and beating Cornell and the NCAAs and All Americans.

Honestly, at the point in the football season, I'd being looking more forward to watching club ice hockey than this dreg of a football team. ;)
rayric

Post by rayric » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am

I also did watch the post game interview with Andy, agree something is not right. Talking about the running game didnt know what half, steve had to help him with words. But the one that I caught was when Andy called the overtime (PLAYOFF). I am not bad mouthing Andy, but as an AD it is your job to find out what is going on. If it is an health issue with Andy, you can't just fire for poor performance due to a medical issue. Just like any other job in this great country there is someting call The Civil Disability Act. Now what could be done you could request the person take FMLA( FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE ACT) until the person gets their situation under control. Again after seeing the post game interview, the move to change this coaching staff maybe more complicated then I originally thought.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 am

Whatever is going on has been evident off and on for well over a year. Rumors swirled before last season that something was off with Andy. I have no idea what the situation is but Sterrett hopefully is aware and is going to act. This situation has to be fixed.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:46 pm

RichH wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 am Whatever is going on has been evident off and on for well over a year. Rumors swirled before last season that something was off with Andy. I have no idea what the situation is but Sterrett hopefully is aware and is going to act. This situation has to be fixed.
I've heard rumors, too. I trust he's OK, but press conference was troubling. Sterrett needs to act in a compassionate/professional way soon. No matter what the reality is, you need leaders in the organization to step up, including Sterrett and AC's coaches. You pick up your teammates/coworkers/brothers. Someone needs to lead, whether that means giving tangible, personal support to your HC (coaches can take leaves of absence) or spreading the load to ease challenges.