Hoyas

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
rayric

Re: Hoyas

Post by rayric » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Totally agree, whatever it takes to correct the situation if it is medical, then put something together GRACEFULLY I have learned dealing with my employees over the years sometimes it is something behind the scenes that you are totally unaware of, but as a leader it is your job to find out and help that person while correcting the situation. Hope Joe could get this train back on the track.

Marco

Post by Marco » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 pm

I watched about one half of that post game interview. Andy appears to either be dazed and confused or someone who is resigned to his fate.

The game day program at Goodman has a bio which has not changed in thirteen years. It describes a "firey passionate leader". Does Andy look like a firey, passionate leader?

Andy, like Frank Tavani is a delegator at heart. When he gets lucky and has a Kotulsky and a Checcini, he wins games. When he has ordinary assistants, he fails to recruit, develop or win.

I fear that he will be kept around until he gets those two wins he needs to become the all time LU leader.

God help us.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Regarding Sunday's mention of "spreading the Load"...to whom? A major problem in my view is that the 'support staff' is not all that up to snuff. Especially the OC. We do not have a QB coach either, which may be part explanation as to the QB''s regression. Regardless, Joe needs to step in an make some decisions.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm

ngineer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 pm Regarding Sunday's mention of "spreading the Load"...to whom? A major problem in my view is that the 'support staff' is not all that up to snuff. Especially the OC. We do not have a QB coach either, which may be part explanation as to the QB''s regression. Regardless, Joe needs to step in an make some decisions.
Sadly, I think you're right. Which is why this could be a major rebuild.

Since 1994, Lehigh's head coach has come from its assistant ranks -- that's almost a quarter century.

Hank Small, a Gettysburg grad, came from the outside and replaced Whitehead in 1986. He hired Higgins, an West Chester grad and assistant at Gettysburg, who hired AC (Gettysburg grad) when Higgins took over in 1994. Does the Small/Higgins coaching tree have any more blossoms?

A careful national search likely would be necessary. Is Cecc the guy? After his record at Valpo, which has a host of former LU assistants, I doubt it. Some of these guys make great coordinators, but less effective heads. I know Valpo is a tough place to recruit, but it's 1-6 this year and Cecc went 15-29 in the first four.

College HC and AC jobs get tougher and tougher each year given all the evolving NCAA regulations, safety challenges and other issues. It takes a great, consistent coaching unit to build a successful program.
lu90

Post by lu90 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:42 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm
ngineer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 pm Regarding Sunday's mention of "spreading the Load"...to whom? A major problem in my view is that the 'support staff' is not all that up to snuff. Especially the OC. We do not have a QB coach either, which may be part explanation as to the QB''s regression. Regardless, Joe needs to step in an make some decisions.
A careful national search likely would be necessary. Is Cecc the guy? After his record at Valpo, which has a host of former LU assistants, I doubt it. Some of these guys make great coordinators, but less effective heads. I know Valpo is a tough place to recruit, but it's 1-6 this year and Cecc went 15-29 in the first four.
Not that he or Lehigh has mutual interest, but a closer look at Valpo's history may show that not only should he absolutely be considered as a replacement, he should be the front runner. In the 4 years prior to his arrival Valpo was 3-41. They were not competitive to say the least. A 15-29 record going into this season is a substantial improvement. From what I can see, last seasons 6-5 record was their first winning record since 2003.

A closer look at scores from prior to his arrival to now indicate a much more competitive team is being put on the field. Prior to his arrival, Valpo lost to Butler 72-12 (2013) and Jacksonville 86-7 (2012), both of those teams have been beat by Valpo in the last couple years.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm
College HC and AC jobs get tougher and tougher each year given all the evolving NCAA regulations, safety challenges and other issues. It takes a great, consistent coaching unit to build a successful program.
What’s an AC job?
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 am

asst coach . Think that is what he was referring to.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:15 am

John Simon was a stud running back at Williams so maybe he takes over as interim HC?
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:25 pm

So this is what rock bottom feels like

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... -like.html
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 pm

+1 A must read. Thanks LFN.