Holy Cross

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Hawkineer

Re: Holy Cross

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:01 pm

RichH wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:36 pm Over my 50+ years of LU football I've seen a lot of bad and really bad teams. First time I've ever seen a team give up as totally as this teams seems to have done. :oops: I've watched much less talented teams than this one lose big and often but they never gave up.
I grew up in Bethlehem and started following LU football in the early '70s. My freshman year was a national championship and my senior year was a home playoff loss to Eastern Kentucky. Sandwiched in between was a trip to the 1-AA national championship in Orlando.

I honestly don't recall any really LU bad teams, teams that were not competitive, or flat gave up. I have no frame of reference. This is a new experience and it sucks.

Sterrett is absolutely complicit in this clusterf#ck! Nothing is more damning of the staff or the program than the total lack of pride being shown each minute of each game and the fact that this team quit halfway through the season.

RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:02 pm

He should be on the phone mookie. ;)
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm furious!

How exactly do you go from 9-2, to 1-10 in the span of two seasons?

Why are we giving merit scholarships?

How come even when matched against other miserable programs, we look much worse?

I don't have answers, only questions.

Unfortunately, it's beginning to look like the people who are paid to provide answers don't have a clue either.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:15 pm

This is all on Dean Sterrett now. Whatever needs to be done has to be done now. This year. Delay will insure a long rebuild. This mess can be turned around quickly if he acts promptly.
mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:17 pm

That's Doctor Sterrett to you. :lol:
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:21 pm

mookie wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:17 pm That's Doctor Sterrett to you. :lol:
:shock: :D
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:24 pm

This has in actuality, been gradually coming since late in the '13 season, one that had eight wins and three PL blow out losses. Since then 3-8, 6-5, 9-2, 5-6 and it looks like 1-10.

Take away the period of 2010 -2013, and Andy Coen's record is below .500. And obviously, leave Andy with ordinary coordinators (not named Checcini of Kotulski) and it's like giving the controls of the space shuttle to a chimpanzee.

After the Lafayette game, no matter what the team does from now until then, Coen should get his walking papers, and of course include the assistants to this unfolding debacle. And if Sterrett doesn't do this, then he should get his.

We are at a point where we can't say "before this get worse" because you cannot get worse than going 0-6 in America's worse league.
LUFBPhan

Post by LUFBPhan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:49 pm

I think the AD needs to explain to the players why he does nothing. The kids know and see that coach is not medically well- there i said it- ask your kids they know. While the AD is explaining to the kids why he’s doing nothing about the situation maybe he can apologize to the few players who are busting their butts (D line particularly) for the loss of games he’s setting us up for by doing nothing. . Attitude reflects leadership.
Hawkinweer- you said you’d be happy with arm tackling at this point. Tackles aren’t gonna get us points. I think you should settle for an offense that can score. The three and out crap doesn’t give your defense a damn break. But hey we got two NFL prospects on our offense.
Give me an O line like last year- two WRs like we had last year and I could give you a ring and be a NFL prospect too
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 pm

D is perhaps slightly better than the last 4-5 years giving up just under 40 pts a game.
The O is averaging just over 12 points a game. When was the last time the Lehigh offense was this ineffective?? smh
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Firstly, I am going to stipulate that the offense has been a mess. Both the QB and RB benefited greatly last year from a good O-line and two game breaking receivers. What is so discouraging is the lack of improvement from the O-line this year.

However, the defense has been awful for multiple year. I will never understand the argument that the offense puts the defense in a bad position because of their three and outs and the defense gets tired. Here’s a thought, if the defense gets three and outs then they get off the field. They didn’t get a stop on the first three HC possessions. That wasn’t the offense’s fault. What was the defense’s excuse the last few years for their ineptitude. The offense scored too fast?