Holy Cross

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
HawkForLife

Re: Holy Cross

Post by HawkForLife » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:38 pm

I’ve been saying for weeks that the coaching staff is pathetic. Sadly they don’t put players in a position to succeed because the coaches don’t watch film. I would make a few changes and the team would be much better. All I hear is excuses. Do you think Holy Cross has better players? You think Princeton third team is better than our best? Embarrassing.

mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Sorry but there are some marginal athletes on this team.
rayric

Post by rayric » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:03 pm

Mookie
Its been 6 years with scholarships This is Andy's boys so I would assume that his recruiting is sub par
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Patriot league outsmarted by Ivies

Recruiting at Lehigh subpar

AD is a complacent as Coen

Coen burnt out as HC

Like someone recently posted this decline slowly became evident starting in 2013

All good Sports Teams use Analytics today ...and not one of the best Universities by US News and World Report???

Someone's asleep at the switch here

Our whole participation in FCS requires a wake up call
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Andy talked about talking to his kids about "leaving a legacy"....Well, if they go 1-10 their legacy will be the losingest team in the history of Lehigh football. NO team has ever lost 10 games in one season. The 'desert years' were horrible and a couple teams were winless, BUT they only lost 9 games. Even the potential glow of beating Lafayette is horribly dimmed, seeing how they have won two in a row, including Fordham.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 pm

ngineer refers to the desert years. Lived through those. Severely under talented teams that had little hope of winning. They didnt give up tho.
Evident from Andy's comments that neither the staff nor the players know what to do to get out of this mess.
It now sits with Sterrett. What will he do and will it stop this decline??
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:16 pm

True. When you look at those scores in the mid 60's many were not blowouts. The lopsided scores are mind numbing. I turned on the game when I got home from a meeting and saw 35-0. Turned off and totally expected another 50+total. This is embarrassing and I cannot believe Joe will put up with this. A few weeks ago, I thought that if the guys showed fight and respect for themselves and their coaches, that waiting until the after the Lafayette game made sense. But now, it IS a dumpster fire and the fire department needs to be called before more than just the dumpster burns up. HC made their switch when it was obvious the players had tuned out the coaches. Perhaps it is needed, now, to show the underclassmen AND those being recruited that we mean business and want them to be part of a new future.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:56 pm

It’s clear that a change needs to be made now. There must be someone on the staff who has some fire in his belly.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:28 am

I was in Boston and decided to tough the rain and attend this game. I do not believe this is about athletes. HC kids are very similar to Lehigh. Terrific Lehigh upperclassman in past years didn’t suddenly forget how to play this game. It’s not athletes.

10 minutes before the game it was OVER! HC kids were jacked up and ready to play. Their emotion was visible while the Lehigh sideline was silent. This is a beaten team that has given up, or at least it appears a very large number of kids have given up. I will not target kids, coaches, AD, or anyone else. Simply put....there is no passion.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:19 am

I'm sure this is not true of the entire group, but it appears much of the team and coaching staff haven't only given up. At this point they really don't even want to be there. I could care less about how we fans feel about all this. I do feel a bit sorry for those aboard this Titanic who really do care about playing or coaching football and getting a great education at Lehigh.