Holy Cross

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
ngineer

Re: Holy Cross

Post by ngineer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:22 pm

What is so concerning is the size of the score differential. Except for Georgetown, we haven't even been in sniffing range of being competitive. How can one say the kids continue to compete when losing by 40, 50 and 60 margins (and where a 20 point loss (Villanova and Penn) looks good? I cannot believe the talent level on our team has dropped so drastically in two years, or even in the past year. Either the effort isn't being made, they aren't listening/following what the coaches are telling them, or the coaches are putting them in the wrong positions, scheme-wise. I always remember the cliches from several years ago, "Out coaches put us in positon to make plays to win." Well, we're not in position much of the time. So it's one or the other or combination.

RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:01 pm

I dont have any answers ngineer. Agreed talent isnt the main issue. I have to believe that Sterrett can identify what needs to be done and does it.

On a brighter note Bball starts in a week. :)
van

Post by van » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:32 pm

as does wrestling
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:42 pm

Will be interesting to see what attendance will be like on Saturday...I think the over/under will be 3,000.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:14 am

I was without Internet access all weekend -- very difficult because I had plenty to say after I saw the score.

You all have done a good job analyzing it.

This is a LOST season. I feel sorry for the seniors who will live with these games forever -- unless they get sweet victories vs. Colgate and Lafayette. Don't all laugh at once.

It's been unfathomable.

My two biggest thoughts:

1) This has been a downward spiral. The defense has remained bad, largely with the same crop of players for several years.

2) How does one not resign -- or not work with your boss to announce a year-end resignation -- after some of the games this team has lost this year? 56-0? 66-7?

Not sure what else to say.