Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Re: Bucknell

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 pm

Tarrin Earle was the gem of last year's recruiting class. He was a fantastic talent in NJ. I'm surprised Bucknell landed him. If Earle avoids mistakes, he and fellow freshman Jared Cooper will torch Lehigh's pathetic D for some big plays.

Bucknell is a bad football team but they've played hard outside of the 'Nova game. Should Lehigh win this game It might affect Susan's future??

RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:20 pm

His Uncle coaches Bucknell wrestling. Agree he may be the best QB recruited by a PL school in a while.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:34 am

ngineer wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 pm
TheBottBrothers wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 am The Bison are coming to town with a freshman quarterback making his first career college start. Should be a good game.
Good reason to let Monaco show what he can do at the controls. Get ready for next year and see what we have.
Insane to bench your senior QB who threw for 4000 yards last year. Could it be that the #3 or #4 is the next in line at QB....or staff has no idea who wins the job next spring? Benching an All-Conference kid certainly sends a message that you have given up on season. Under that premise, why not start all of the 2s and 3s this week? I believe you play the best kids every snap until the season ends. Regular season games are not experiments.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:33 am

LUFAN wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:34 am
TheBottBrothers wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 am The Bison are coming to town with a freshman quarterback making his first career college start. Should be a good game.
Good reason to let Monaco show what he can do at the controls. Get ready for next year and see what we have.
Insane to bench your senior QB who threw for 4000 yards last year. Could it be that the #3 or #4 is the next in line at QB....or staff has no idea who wins the job next spring? Benching an All-Conference kid certainly sends a message that you have given up on season. Under that premise, why not start all of the 2s and 3s this week? I believe you play the best kids every snap until the season ends. Regular season games are not experiments.
I also think it would indicate the staff is going to return. Otherwise, what does it really matter? The best case scenario would be to head into spring practice with a clean slate.

If I'm Coen and I know I'm on my way out I hope that by sticking with "my guys" they'll reward me by going down swinging after the embarrassment last weekend.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm

It's what's he doing this year? He is not 'entitled' to start based upon this year's performance (on the field and on the sideline). I would be willing to let him start the game, but if the wheels start falling off, then I say let's see what someone else can do.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm

ngineer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm

It's what's he doing this year? He is not 'entitled' to start based upon this year's performance (on the field and on the sideline). I would be willing to let him start the game, but if the wheels start falling off, then I say let's see what someone else can do.

Entitled vs Earned.....maybe a thin line but I think the problems run far deeper than QB. What about the secondary? Should all the 2s start? If we are basing it on performance, maybe so. If an evaluation of film dictates a personnel change, then make it....but experimenting with three games left is not the answer IMHO.
Bison_137

Post by Bison_137 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 pm Tarrin Earle was the gem of last year's recruiting class. He was a fantastic talent in NJ. I'm surprised Bucknell landed him. If Earle avoids mistakes, he and fellow freshman Jared Cooper will torch Lehigh's pathetic D for some big plays.

In the spring, Cooper, who is 5-7 175 lbs tops, was expected to be #4 on the depth chart. But with the top two RB's hurt and the prospective #3 off the team, he has been the starter since late in Game 2. But he is only effective if the so-so offensive line opens some holes. Next season he will go back to being a 3rd down back, which is what he is best suited for. Last year Chad Freshnock, the best BU RB, had 16 carries for 174 yards and 3 TD's vs Lehigh.
mookie

Post by mookie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:54 am

Bucknell is essentially Moravian. If Lehigh loses they should disband the program.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:17 am

Buckenll: Tailgate Report, How To Watch

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... eport.html
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:44 pm

LUFAN wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm
ngineer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Entitled vs Earned.....maybe a thin line but I think the problems run far deeper than QB. What about the secondary? Should all the 2s start? If we are basing it on performance, maybe so. If an evaluation of film dictates a personnel change, then make it....but experimenting with three games left is not the answer IMHO.
I would not call it experimenting but sending a message that no one's job is safe as well as getting real time experience to test the other players. They certainly don't get enough evaluation from practice since they rarely go "live" in practice or the Spring "game" (purposely in quotes). We are beyond being concerned about hurting someone's feelings. The team obviously does not respond to "talking things out", nor any other psychological ploys that have been attempted (if any have). No headless chickens running around campus that I'm aware of.