Colgate

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Re: Colgate

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:30 pm

News wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:56 am Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... n-and.html
Fearless prediction, 21-14? I love you, Dear Forum Leader, but come back to reality. (Easy for me to say after the game, but ... )

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:35 pm

RichH wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm Our athletes may be comparable but Colgate fields a team. We do not.
In the pre-scholarship world, we had a tough time fielding athletes. Now we don't.

But we can't compete.

That's on the coaching staff: recruiting, practicing, schemes, other.

I can't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen numbers like the offense had today -- especially from two kids who are among the best players at their positions we've ever had.

And our D ... playing against a backup QB?

Sad.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:35 pm
RichH wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm Our athletes may be comparable but Colgate fields a team. We do not.
In the pre-scholarship world, we had a tough time fielding athletes. Now we don't.

But we can't compete.

That's on the coaching staff: recruiting, practicing, schemes, other.

I can't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen numbers like the offense had today -- especially from two kids who are among the best players at their positions we've ever had.

And our D ... playing against a backup QB?

Sad.
Yup. Sums it up.smh
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:27 pm

RichH wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm The lack of toughness is disturbing. Kids hit adversity and fold. Gate is just better than we are. Our athletes may be comparable but Colgate fields a team. We do not.
Out athletes may be comparable physically, but not in heart. As seen in various games this year, we hang for awhile, but the moment something goes wrong, the momentum just builds toward debacle. I did not see a motivated team. I saw a very sad state of affairs.