Strategic planning

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Strategic planning

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 am

On the heels of the Bethlehem Steel FC announcement and an anti-Laughayette post I saw, I came across this. Looks like LC is promoting its athletics strategic plan: Creating a Championship Culture, 2018-23.

https://sites.lafayette.edu/climb-the-hill/

Anyone know if LU has done something similar? All I could find when I Googled was this:

https://lehighsports.com/sports/2013/6/ ... 34704.aspx

Some people believe in strategic planning; others do not.

Shadow1

Re: Strategic planning

Post by Shadow1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:02 am

Other than the “Path to Prominence” spending, the University’s priority has been in establishing a massive bureaucracy aimed at Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion etc. This is sopping up a large % of limited available funds and leaves little for things like the football program or other areas.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:37 am

Read the Pards Strategic Plan a while back. I concur with most of the Pard board posters that the Plan is long on promises and short on details.I wish Ms.Freeman well and hope she meets with some success. Since Lafayette has not changed its Rube Goldberg organizational structure and will not spend any more money, the likelihood of any long term change is low.
For Lehigh, the priorities are crystal clear. Expansion of student body and the addition of the Health Scholl. Both laudable and necessary projects. Since all construction is planned and financed through the University, it is unlikely that Athletics is anywhere near the top of the Todo list. Any AD project would have to be funded by a deep pocket alum. :D Any volunteers??
Shadow1

Post by Shadow1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:48 am

I think many are or have been put off by Lehigh’s clear leftward drift. Note the English Department is now a Social Justice exercise.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 am

Lehigh is basically the same moderate Liberal entity , particularly the faculty, as it has always been in my time. The drift you see is neocon rise and its pull of many further to the right.
I am your classic moderate Republican.Fiscal conservative, social moderate and international pragmatist. My party left me here while it swung to the far right. GOP unrecognizable now as the party it was with Goldwater,Rockefeller, Reagan et al.
Shadow1

Post by Shadow1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:11 am

???

I, nor anyone else but you, sees a pull away from the strong leftist trends.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 am

Perhaps young fella but I doubt that. Lehigh over my 55 years has had a mostly liberal faculty and a conservative Board of Trustees. Student body has mostly been middle class kids from the Northeast. Difference today is a broader breadth of ethnicity and location. Not to mention coeds probably the single most transformative event for Lehigh.

whether we agree or disagree, this is a sports board so lets get back to sports and leave politics for a different arena :D