Lehigh-Lafayette

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
rayric

Re: Lehigh-Lafayette

Post by rayric » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Guys
The reason for no hype past years they have not been playing for anything

LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:36 pm

mookie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:50 am Seriously does anyone outside of the Lehigh Valley care?
Ignorance. Beat it Mookie.
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Here it is: my game breakdown and fearless prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... rless.html

As for me? I may actually Uber to the game.
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:38 pm

lfnadmin wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 pm Here it is: my game breakdown and fearless prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... rless.html

As for me? I may actually Uber to the game.
A good idea may be to park at a nearby shopping center, say the Palmer Park Mall or the Kmart on 25th Street, and take Uber or Lyft from there.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Wow. I thought we had problems. Pards are truly terrible.
Cant say we played all that well but we did play with a lot of intensity..A good W.
Congrats to Dom setting the new scoring record with his 3 TDs.
Congrats to our seniors graduating 4-0 vs the Pards.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:10 pm

It was a nice win today, but it doesn’t remove the sting of a very disappointing season. We under achieved in every possible way:
Offense
Defense
Special teams
Turnovers
Coaching
What is going to be done to turn the program around and get it moving in the right direction? Einstein once said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Yes, we certainly made a ton of mistakes that would have killed us against a decent team. Very disappointed about the lack of discipline with so many unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Might have been a record for both teams, combined. Referee was questionable on several, but nothing that determined the outcome. I am glad the kids played with intensity and emotion. Personally, I would have given the MVP to either the defense as a whole, or Donovan Harris who played a whale of a game. Mish's punts were also excellent inside the 10. It is great to see the seniors leave with a 4-0 mark against the Leotards. This will help me get through the winter.

The attendance was pathetic. I don't care what the teams' records were. Other than a good number of the seniors attending, the attendance by the underclassmen was dismal. Must have been a record low attendance going back to the 1940's. I also thought it ironic that Laughyette has this big video board and runs some humorous videos, but at the same time plays loud music over the sound system so you cannot hear what is being said in the videos. Idiots!
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Always nice to kick the butts of the team from Easton.

As bad as we have been this year, we were never as bad as Lafayette was today. Today was my 40th LU-LC game. LC's performance today was the most putrid and uninspired that I have ever seen in THE rivalry. There was not one aspect of their performance that should provide any hope about their future.

They announced at the game today that Lafayette has led the PL in attendance 5 of the last 8 years. It has got to be the stadium because it sure ain't the product on the field.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:38 pm

ngineer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:16 pm I also thought it ironic that Laughyette has this big video board and runs some humorous videos, but at the same time plays loud music over the sound system so you cannot hear what is being said in the videos. Idiots!
The weirdest/funniest part of the sound system is when it is blasting "DEFENSE DEFENSE" in the 4th quarter and there weren't any Leopard fans left in the stadium.

I think Bragalone's game MVP was kind of a lifetime achievement award although he did have 100+ yards today and 3 TDs.
Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Congratulations to the seniors who, with the win today, end their careers 4-0 against Lafayette.
Congratulations to 32, whose three touchdowns today, earn him Lehigh records for career touchdowns and points.
And congratulations to AC who, with the win today, ties for most football wins as a coach at Lehigh. If this was his last game, he went out a winner.
The team underachieved this year to be sure, but winning the rivalry game, with a lot of help from the opponent, lets the season end on a positive note.
Now administration, do what needs to done