Coach watch

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Coach watch

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:23 pm

By all accounts, AC's a good family man so I'm somewhat loathe to post this, but ...

It's Lafayette+3 days in Lehigh Land and the holidays are nigh.

Anyone know what the coach's contract looks like?

Is there a legitimate chance LU will get a new coach?

Would we have known already?

Does the early signing period, starting Dec. 19-21, I think, impact this?

mookie

Re: Coach watch

Post by mookie » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 am

So if he were an asshole speculation would be fine? Listen as I've said coaches get canned everyday so hopefully an announcement is coming very soon. Lehigh needs a young ass kicker that can establish a tough football mentality. The days of powderpuff football are over.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 am

The silence is deafening. Since there has been speculation that Coen is leaving (see Keith Groeller article in the Morning Call), Sterrett should make an announcement one way or the other, so that the program has a clear direction for the future.
rayric

Post by rayric » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Guys,
Brings me back to an earlier post I made called When
When will the facilitator make a decision!!!!
When will the alums put their foot down and say enough is enough Mr AD
And When will this program get back to the program it once was!!!!
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:20 pm

I have to believe something will be known, if not said, by early next week. Given Coen's respected tenure and the quick turnaround to Thanksgiving I did not expect much to be said. I think it should be noted that nothing was released to suggest Coen will be back either. I know there was a public release after the 2009 season to say he'd be back. For frame of reference Biddle's retirement announcement came on December 2nd. Tavani was told to take a hike on November 29th, 10 days after the season ended.

If there's a year left on his contract could there be a coaching in waiting situation next season? Similar to what Temple has with Dunphy handing the reigns over to Aaron McKie after this season? Not saying that would be ideal but it could work with the right structure.

I just can't see this staff returning. The horrific defense over the last several years alone has to result in a reboot.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am

Andy is on an annual contract IIRC.
Think owl is correct at least so far as any speculation can be :D
If changes are afoot for Andy, I expect they have been in the works for a while and will be handled respectfully.
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Just watched the TV interview with coach and DB; not a lot of "joy", despite the record win and the drubbing of LC. Andy looks really subdued and not sure why, but the interview did not make me feel that he is staying.

I hope for everyone's sake this doesn't drag on, for lots of reasons.
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:41 am

Larry Fedora UNC's coach was fired this morning so he's available. Received a $12m. settlement. That's what 2-9 gets you. Andy should be able to parlay his 3-8 into at least $100,000.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am

Ah the pitfalls of multiyear contracts. IIRC , Andy is on an annual contract. If moves are made,I agree with LU15's idea that he will be shifted over to AD ala Strobel.
Whatever happens, I hope it occurs sooner rather than later.

Assts are busy recruiting. We need a rather big class this year.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am

Marco wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:55 pm Just watched the TV interview with coach and DB; not a lot of "joy", despite the record win and the drubbing of LC. Andy looks really subdued and not sure why, but the interview did not make me feel that he is staying.
As I watched the interview , I was thinking the same thing. He seemed sad and reflective. He is a nice man so you hate to see him get hurt. On the other hand, when you sign on to be a football coach you know you are going to be judged by your wins and losses.