Coach watch

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Hawkineer

Re: Coach watch

Post by Hawkineer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:45 pm

lfnadmin wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:03 pm I too was disappointed in the overall year, but worthy of mention was the fact that the Lehigh defense and special teams against Lafayette 1) forced 3 turnovers, 2) held Lafayette to 72 yards rushing, 3) held Lafayette to 3 total points, and 4) unquestionably had the play of the game on the Julian Lynn sack/Davis Maxie TD.

You can argue "where the hell was that defense all year" (and I do), but it is clear that Lehigh had some ballers on defense in 154. Clearly there is talent there.
Please, please don’t use the Lafayette game as any metric regarding the defense or its talent!
LC’s offense was a complete mess. The QB missed open receivers all day. When he didn’t, they dropped the ball. Given O’Malleys 4TDs and 11 INTs coming into the game, this had been the case all year.

The other nine games against real offenses would lead to a much different conclusion about the defense.

Special teams benefited from multiple LC mistakes like high snaps, running into your own punt returner, and missed blocking sssignments on FGs. When they weren’t getting gifts, they were giving up long KO returns. Mish was the ST star with his FGs and punts.

Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Lehigh is putting money into Goodman. A new press box will be built on the away side and the current press box will be converted into hospitality seating for donors, etc.
For people to want to sit in that renovated space better football will be needed, so I expect change is coming
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Scoreboard s/b next. I t would help if LU would settle on one. Now they want one that can be satellited to various locations. Oh well :?
Perhaps the simplest first step might be to adopt a more flexible and timely transportation to Stabler and Goodman.
Pivric

Post by Pivric » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Is Phil Stambaugh ready to move up? Or perhaps O.C.?
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 pm

He may need some time as a QB coach. But, he could indeed be an ideal option.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 am

RichH wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm Scoreboard s/b next. I t would help if LU would settle on one. Now they want one that can be satellited to various locations. Oh well :?
Perhaps the simplest first step might be to adopt a more flexible and timely transportation to Stabler and Goodman.
I would trade a scoreboard that consists of a whiteboard, markers and a giant alarm clock for lights!! The stadium needs lights!

Hopefully a better defense is also part of the plans!
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 am

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 am
RichH wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm Scoreboard s/b next. I t would help if LU would settle on one. Now they want one that can be satellited to various locations. Oh well :?
I would trade a scoreboard that consists of a whiteboard, markers and a giant alarm clock for lights!! The stadium needs lights!

Hopefully a better defense is also part of the plans!
Since we seem to be making a list for Santa :D , I would put a D at the top of the list.
Practically a scoreboard is a lot cheaper than lights. As far as I know LU is still insisting on permanent lighting for walkways and parking areas. The single most expensive item in the plan for Stadium ligjting. The total expense would indeed be prohibitive.
Oh and I want a puppy and a Harley. Thanks Santa.
( I've been a very good boy this year ;) )
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:56 pm

I don't get the argument about needing lighting for the parking lot and walkways. It's disingenuous. The two fields next door have night lights. Why is it OK for those fields to have lights without lighting in the parking lot and walkways?
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 pm

That is the point indeed 74. Besides which tou can get mobile spots to cover the entire area for a quarter of the cost of permanent.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Context moment.
Early Signing Day. 12/19/18.