Coach watch

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
van

Re: Coach watch

Post by van » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Lehigh74 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:56 pm I don't get the argument about needing lighting for the parking lot and walkways. It's disingenuous. The two fields next door have night lights. Why is it OK for those fields to have lights without lighting in the parking lot and walkways?

attendance for events a Ulrich do not draw the #'s that football would, and Stabler lots are sufficient to support parking for those events, Goodman gets lights when deep pockets show up with the cash and no sooner

LUFBPhan

Post by LUFBPhan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Everyone wants a better D. Just wondering if I missed our amazing offense this season?
While we are working in this Christmas list... is asking to be competitive in a playoff game out of the question?? :)
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Certainly not Phan but we have some work to do just to win the PL . Hopefully we can do both at the same time.
Since I am OTD, it would be great to get these done while I'm still here. :D
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Quick break from letters to Santa.
Contact period has started. Assts out on the road. Hopefully with same success as last year.

OK back to Santa :D
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:25 pm

LUFBPhan wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:44 pm Everyone wants a better D. Just wondering if I missed our amazing offense this season?
While we are working in this Christmas list... is asking to be competitive in a playoff game out of the question?? :)
Delaware let their OC go today. Their "O" even with a healthy Kehoe was pretty painful to watch.

The fact that tomorrow will be the middle of the week yet there's been no news is starting to become a bit disconcerting. There has to be AT LEAST some serious staff shakeup?!?! Right?!?!
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 pm

ESD is 2 1/2 weeks from now. It may be that Joe wants to get verbals signed before shake up. NSD is not until mid February.Honestly dont know how valid this idea in actuality with recruits. :?:
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:23 am

RichH wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 pm ESD is 2 1/2 weeks from now. It may be that Joe wants to get verbals signed before shake up. NSD is not until mid February.Honestly dont know how valid this idea in actuality with recruits. :?:
Outlandish idea, but ...

Can anyone write a program that scrapes the web, matching potential LU commits (guys who have offers) with potentially available coaches who have made offers to same guys? Those coaches/assistants could be our targets.

Sounds like a good project AD can assign computer science students. LOL ...
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:26 am

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 am
I would trade a scoreboard that consists of a whiteboard, markers and a giant alarm clock for lights!! The stadium needs lights!

Hopefully a better defense is also part of the plans!

:D :D :D :) :) I tend to agree
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:01 pm

Exactly what, other than the lack of a Jumbotron, is wrong about our current Goodman Scoreboard? Maybe that will be obvious when the stadium is lighted. :-)
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:06 pm

I'm not sure how the thread evolved to this but here is my nagging questions about lights.
Why does anyone think that lights will attract students to go over the mountain on a Saturday night with restrictive tailgating regulations?
Lafayette has the advantage of a stadium right on campus (the disadvantage being limited parking.

Does anyone think that older alumni are more or less likely to drive an hour or two to watch a game that may not be over until 10:00?

I know my Penn State friends detest night games.

Are the few locals (outside the Southside Boosters) who prefer to watch Lehigh football on television be more swayed to come to a game at night? The beauty of day games for me is that I still have my nights free for other events.

I'm a cost/benefit guy. Other than the potential to host playoff games, I don't see a real benefit to merit the cost of this particular project. Just my opinion.