Coach watch

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
TMH

Re: Coach watch

Post by TMH » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 pm

No, it's not just a Lehigh problem. Attendence is down all across the board, even in the major conferences. As this article shows, most institutions announce the # of tickets sold rather than butts in the seats and those #s are decreasing even faster.

Ironically, I attended two LV Phantoms games (ice hockey) games this season. For both games they announced a sellout. There is no way the seats were even 30% filled.

http://footballscoop.com/news/college-f ... rse-think/

mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:56 am

So my idea of recruiting good looking women and hot cheerleaders was removed. Still think it's the best idea to increase attendance.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Colgate announced Thursday that football head coach Dan Hunt received a five-year contract extension.
When are we going to hear something regarding Andy Coen's status? An announcement should have been made right after the season ended. It's not advantageous for the coach or the program to be in limbo like this.
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:22 pm

"An announcement should have been made right after the season ended. It's not advantageous for the coach or the program to be in limbo like this."

Middle of recruiting. May not want to make many sudden moves, scaring off potentials?
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Marco wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:22 pm "An announcement should have been made right after the season ended. It's not advantageous for the coach or the program to be in limbo like this."

Middle of recruiting. May not want to make many sudden moves, scaring off potentials?
Even worse yet is allowing kids to sign in Dec and then removing the entire staff that recruited them. Not a good look. My guess is AC has another year.
rayric

Post by rayric » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm

. Come on the coaching staff knows their heads are on the chopping block so WHY would it be in their best interest to recruit kids when they might not be there. That is why this is so important to move this along, right now these coaches have their own agendas. Their worried about their job that is more important. The Alumns have to get off their asses and start to question Joe . Money talks and bullshit walks. If he is the problem then him and Andy could be sold as a pair. I am totally tired of the pitty party. Ok understood if Andy has issues I feel for him, but there still is a program to run. Think of it this way if you owned a business and a had a person with a condition that was hurting your business would you let your business go down hill because your employee was a nice guy.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Lehigh74 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:54 pm When are we going to hear something regarding Andy Coen's status? An announcement should have been made right after the season ended. It's not advantageous for the coach or the program to be in limbo like this.
Lehigh74 hits the nail on what this thread was supposed to be about.

It's two weeks later and all we hear are crickets.

If Joe wants to keep Andy around for another year he should have the guts to publicly explain why.

If nothing else, he should be as open as possible with when he will make a decision or what AC's status is.

I mean, it's not like this team went 5-6 and won the PL.

If Colgate can win the PL with a sketchy offense and kick-ass defense, you'd think LU has the ability to do same.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:03 am

Too many people talking out their other orifices. If a change is going to be made that would involve the HC staying on with the University, then, certain legal protocols have to be followed with regard to various HR issues. Anyone who has worked with any size company in a management position would know that. Also, if a successor has been identified then there are also other requirements that would have to be followed with regard to that person's current employers. There are alot of moving parts behind the scene of which most people have no idea. If a change is going to occur, one also has to deal with the rest of the staff.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:07 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 pm And, BTW, we're now at Day 11 of no announcement on the coaching staff.

Anyone want to pick a date when we'll hear something?

Best guess I've heard so far was after early signing day ...

I see where Mack Brown, 74 ???, returned to UNC. Why not bring Kevin Higgins back?
That's hysterical. He's going to take a couple hundred thousand dollar pay cut to come back to Lehigh?!!!?
rayric

Post by rayric » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:10 am

Your right it is called the Civil Diasabilities Act, had personell that fell under it, can't just get rid of them you have to try to accomadate them or move them into another position. But there is opitions. Doing nothing should not be one.