The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
van

Re: The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Post by van » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm

who's to say that Andy is not still involved with the staff, he announced retirement, was not fired

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm

van wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm who's to say that Andy is not still involved with the staff, he announced retirement, was not fired
Coen I believe is still with the program. But I highly doubt he's too active in day-2-day operations at this point. Roberts is the acting head coach. I'm sure Coen's had some influence in potential candidates and such. I can't see him impacting recruiting outside of maybe putting in a few words here and there when feasible.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Guess Folmar off the list. owl quoted his twitter on AGS. Gung ho to work with Trisciani
FBCSLEh

Post by FBCSLEh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm
van wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm who's to say that Andy is not still involved with the staff, he announced retirement, was not fired
Coen I believe is still with the program. But I highly doubt he's too active in day-2-day operations at this point. Roberts is the acting head coach. I'm sure Coen's had some influence in potential candidates and such. I can't see him impacting recruiting outside of maybe putting in a few words here and there when feasible.
Andy is still involved with the program and wants to continue to be involved when the new HC is hired. He is not done coaching.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Focus now shifting to Cramsey, and others, I suspect.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 pm

ngineer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 pm Focus now shifting to Cramsey, and others, I suspect.
What about Dave? Lots of good possibles and fantasy speculation. We dont even know if Dave is still interested.
The last outside the family HC was Hank Small. Do we go out of the family again? Gotta admit the seductive lure of a name coach being hired is appealing.
Well Joe did say after the 19th, Ugh, Really am a bit done with this carousel of coaches. :roll:
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:35 pm

ngineer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 pm Focus now shifting to Cramsey, and others, I suspect.
Marshall's bowl game is Thursday night against USF. So if Cramsey's a legit candidate his season will be over in a couple of days.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:35 pm
Marshall's bowl game is Thursday night against USF. So if Cramsey's a legit candidate his season will be over in a couple of days.
Well, that time coincides nicely with Marshall's game. Would be nice to get done before Christmas week, otherwise, may not occur until after New Years.
Lehigh4Life

Post by Lehigh4Life » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Something you all are not considering with these candidates you are "hoping" for.... They are at FBS or high level FCS programs. Very few Patriot League Head Coaches end up Head Coaches at FBS level. Most of those guys, unless there is a compelling reason to come back to a place like Lehigh, are going to pass. The position coaches in FBS make more than Head Coaches in FCS. Also, all of these guys are going to look to Lehigh to be a passing over place, not a place to stay for a while. As we all have seen from Higgins and Coen, longevity is very important at Lehigh. Regardless of who this next head coach is, from our family or outside, it has to be a place that is not going to be a stopping ground for their next job..
van

Post by van » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:51 pm

well I would be very happy with a coach that is so talented that he moves up in a few years, not looking for a Frankasaurus